aimpoint red dot questions

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by crm99, Feb 12, 2014.

1. crm99

crm99 New Member

What is the difference between ml2 and the pro...is it just extra brightness settings...I can also get the Laurie mount 129 lever release or the 150 with the ml2..does anyone know what the cowitness would be... k. am I doing the right thing here.just lot of money and need a push..600 is kinda my dollar limit..swear I'm getting something soon..it's killing me...thanks cory

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

3. crm99

crm99 New Member

John thanks..In your opinion is the pro overall better..does the smaller dot help u with accuracy..again thanks for your help..really thought I would have more opions..thanks for yours..cory

4. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

U may need extra high mounts if u want complete cowitness with ur iron/back up sights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

2moa dot will be more precise the 4 moa dot will be easier to see in cqb.

I'm not a fan of red dot sights on rifles they only do one thing well. If that one thing is cqb then your good to go.

I like a really good 1-4x scope. My favorite is the trijicon tr24 at its 1x setting it outperforms a rds at 4x it serves as a very good optic for longer ranges. Its got target style turrets for getting out past 300yards. The triangle of the tr24 serves as a good enough bdc for 1-300 yards before you need to start dialing range settings.

I got a rds aimpoint t1 for the wife who really likes it. She uses it on her ar15 and srm1216. She doesn't shoot her ar15 past 100 yards so it works great for her. She has tried it at further distance but it doesn't work well for her.

She is a good enough shot to be consistant moa or a scootch above moa shooter at 500 yards with her savage 10fcpsr.

Just don't get one thinking its going to a do it all optic. They are pretty limited

6. crm99

crm99 New Member

thanks..just looking for 100 yards and in ..no real long distance shooting here..more need for fast aquistion..I'm familiar with my Bushnell red dot on my 12 guage..so I'm little familiar with what your saying...just not sure if I should go pro route or ml2...not worried bout the nv..just don't seem to be a major difference for the cost...thankyou..cory

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

then the diff for you will be dot size if your not going to shoot past 100 with it go for a bigger dot you will pick it up faster. the smaller dot is very hard to see in very bright light or against green backgrounds.

8. mdwalkerjr

mdwalkerjr New Member Supporter

I have an H1 on my Spikes with a 1/3 co-witness and love it. Also have an H1 on my M1 Carbine. Have a Trijicon Accupoint 1 - 4 on my M&P 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk