Aimpoint or Eotech

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ktmboyz, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I am looking to get a optic for one of my rifles and can't decide on these.

Anyone have bad experience with either of these ?? I am really leaning to the eotech 552 or the newer xps series.

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Their both great optics but I prefer the Aimpoint a little better , A family member has both , I have the Primary arms micro just like the Aimpoint and after shooting his AR pistol with the eotech I was ready to go back to mine . I just didnt care for the reticle but others say the same about the aimpoint also . All just personal preference but you wont go wrong with either.
    Mount them both up on a AR and try them out

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I like the Eotech reticle, I like Aimpoints durability and bateery life. In the end I chose Aimpoint, mostly because my eyes (lasik'd 12 years ago) coulsnt handle the Eotech reticle.

You honestly can't go wrong with either.

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I dont have Aimpoint but i do own the Eotech Xps2-0. Works great and worth every penny. Before i wanted to get the popular 512. But i decided to get the xps as its shorter and wont take much rail space IF i get the 3x mangifier in the future. I think Aimpoint is more expensive than Eotech. And i also agree, you wont go wrong with either one.

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Xps models are the way togo, better design. Transverse battery layout prevents accidental battery failure while shooting.

6. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Had EOtech and now have an Aimpoint T-1. Prefer my Aimpoint way more.

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

The eotech I was shooting with was a 511 or 512 cant remember and it just seemed like I got tunnel vision looking thru it , it seemed like the reticle was at the end of it ,my micro dot isnt like that the dot seems more up front

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

My first optic was an Aimpoint M68 on a M16A4 followed by a couple other 68s on various M4s then they threw me on a SAW which had a M145 Elcan. As a civilian my first was a XPS a Lucid, H1, M68, PA Micro, another H1, another PA Micro, and another H1 and of course a sprinkling of various magnified optics.

My all time favorite would be an H1 with EoTech reticle.

9. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Had an Aimpoint ML2 and sold it and went with Eotech XPS 3-0.
    Eotech is better, IMHO.

10. dickpalmer

dickpalmer New Member

No real bad experience with either. I prefer Aimpoint because the Eotech is bulky and has a marginal battery life. I just leave my Aimpoints on all the time. What's a few bucks for a battery every couple of years? I believe they say 4 years, but I'm not a cheapo.

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Battery life in an Aimpoint is measured in years.

Battery life in an Eotech is measured in hours.

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Ungh......... I just had a moment. +10000000000

13. hmh

hmh New Member

I was issued an aimpoint I bought an eotech. They are both great optics I choose the eotech mainly because of recital size 1 moa dot with 65 moa circle and I got the one that takes AA.

14. lrchops

lrchops New Member

From the standpoint of being an operator, I like the Aimpoint much better than the Eotech and I have used both. The battery life on the Aimpoint M4s is awesome. I have had it turned on 24/7 for 3 years now with no issues. And the M4s is durable as hell. during range testing with the Aimpoint rep, they took the Aimpoint and threw it down range several times and dropped it off the tower. Put back on the rifle and was perfectly ZERoed! Did the same with the eotech and it broke open on the first toss.

I also prefer the red dot to the halographic target. No need for that large halographic target as it takes up too much of the field. Eotech is nice, but I prefer the Aimpoint M4s or TLR-1.

15. ner45

ner45 New Member

Aim points are probably the best on the market but can be very expensive with expensive batteries. You can pick up an eo tech 512 for under $400 and it runs on your house hold AA's also offers an extremely precise one moa dot and quick acquiring 65moa circle to help find that dot under stress or in cqb situations. If I had the money I'd probably go for the sleek aim point micros but eo tech makes a great product as well... Just my 2 cents

16. GY6

GY6 New Member

EOtech FOR SURE!!!

17. lrchops

lrchops New Member

Aimpoint M4 uses one AA battery and will last up to 7 years activated 24/7 on that one battery!

18. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Batteries for my Aimpoint Comp M3s and CompML3s are about $6. $6 for a battery that lasts several years (of constant use) is very affordable. An Eotech can kill a battery in just a few hours.

19. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I go to range once every 2 weeks. Each visit i stay there about 3hrs. I bought my XPS2-0 last december and the batt still strong. Its true Aimpoint is very very good at battery usage factor. But come on, if you can afford a $400+ red dot. A $10 (let's say) battery mean to you every year? I'm sure soldiers who are out there fighting for our country aren't replacing the battery so often.
    Anyway you can't go wrong with both. Those 2 are the top notch brand ever made by human being!
    I love my Eotech cos the design and cheaper of course.

20. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

What expensive battery are you refering to? AA? Cr watch batteries?