Aimpoint micro T-1 or eotech 553?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Broke124, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

just wondering if you guys had any experience with either, which you prefered, and why....I'm torn between the two. Weight, size of dot regarding target aquisition, durability.....AHHH!

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

2. countryboy

countryboy New Member

The guys I know that do A LOT of shooting, prefer the eotechs because of the larger obj on them. They say its easier to shoot both eyes open and faster on target with a wider field of view. They do however use the t1 on smaller applications where the eotech outsizes the platform. What are you putting it on?

EXPENDABLE

3. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

MY DD AR....self defense purposes

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Hven't used the 553, but have used the XPS2. I prefer the Eotech reticule. I prefer the durability and batterlife and lightweight of the Aimpoint. What's more important to you?

I chose the Arimpoint H-1 (don't need the nighvision settings)

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I think the Aimpoint H-1 is ideal. Low weight, next to indestructable, big enough, accurate enough and doesn't look like a soup can strapped to the top of the receiver.

6. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Nice answer....

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

One thing to consider, with an Aimpoint you can just leave it on and change the batteries every 3 years. One less thing to do when you grab your DD if you hear a bump in the night.....

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I dunno, I always thought the micro looked kind of strange, like a periscope. Then I got into lightwieght ARs. Then I saw the DD torture test. Should have been called the Aimpoint torture test. :p

9. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Primary's micro is nice but it it not an Aimpoint. Marshall has said it himself.

I like my Eotech XPS and Aimpoint micros. I like light weight.

W/ both eyes open my field of view is almost uninterrupted w/ either optics.

11. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I have a primary arms micro dot. It lost zero durin a carbine course I was taking. I now have an Aimpoint micro. Lesson learned. At least Primary arm's custokmer service was great and replaced the unit quickly and now I have a backup for my Aimpoint.

12. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Is it hard for you to find the dot during high action scenarios? A few people seem to think an eotech is easier to find on the fly...

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I've never had a problem finding the dot w/ either.

I will say the RMR I purchased for one of my M&P9s is hard to find off the draw. In fact I'm thinking of selling it and sticking w/ iron sights.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Have any of you thought of or tried one of the Tijicon RX sights? No batteries.

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

No, it's just shy of 3x the weight of the Aimpoint micro.

16. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

get used to getting a consistent check weld, you will have no issue. Only time your do, is when you are shooting in non standard position, and then its usually less than a second to find it, I'd imagine irons would take substantially longer. Honestly, I do like the eotech reticle better, if only Aimpoint would make one similar. I'd trade 2 years of battery life for a circle dot :D

17. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

The people who say the EOTech is easier to find have either never used an Aimpoint, or are biased against Aimpoint. When you crank up the brightness on an Aimpoint, the dot gets so bright it'll hurt your eyes if you look at it for too long.

-Fred

18. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

lol You're right about that....like looking at the sun. I still remember first getting mine and turning it on to setting #1. I thought "Damn, my batteries dead or this thing doesn't work" same thing for 2 and 3. So I cranked my H-1 up to 12, DAYAMN its like looking at the sun :eek:

19. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Yeah, I don't have an Aimpoint, though I really want one, but the first time I shot my buddies AR with an H-1, I did the same thing. I had a spot in my vision for like 15 minutes after. I honestly don't see a reason for them to go so bright. Maybe for sunny days when there's snow on the ground, but I don't have that problem here in Florida.

-Fred

20. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Either work great, look cool, and are bright as hell. I may get another EoTech some day.