ah johnny come lately to the boston tea party...

Discussion in 'History' started by Nmwabbit, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

2. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

again without any type of contribution to the premise, just degrading & discrediting childhood bullying commentary meant as a power & control tactic.

so really RS, nobody, least of all me, threw any type of derogatory judgement nonsense around or toward your specific postings when you were ranting on about conspiracy commentary & anti-vaccination rhetoric about vaccines, now did anyone or especially me?

manta likes this.

3. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

I contributed the 1st time trying to keep it simple:
    "The Boston tea partiers didn't burn their own businesses and shoot each other." (Not a rant, not lengthy either)

You complained and babbled something trying change my narrative.

I summarized:
    "There is no comparison." (The conclusion to your premise)

But You complain again and either missed the conclusion or still somehow just don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2020
    Rifling82 and JRDallas like this.
  4. Nmwabbit

thanks RS for your contribution to the thread with such an intellectually stimulating commentary which lends exemplary credence to all your thoughtful postings over the years...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2020
  5. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

he's arguing purely for the sake of argument. the fact that you are arguing with him is a victory for him. there is no prospect of victory when the argument is the prize.

find a thread where he does not get into an argument.

austin92 likes this.
  6. Nmwabbit

bout lost it when as i was settling into the dentist's chair to get a cavity repaired, my dentist walked in and asked if he could ask me a question regarding the civil disturbances across our country...

he asked...could these disturbances equate to the boston tea party precipitating the 1st continental congress ?

i looked shocked...

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I’m glad my medical professionals don’t ever want to discuss politics.

armoredman likes this.
  8. Nmwabbit

alas, when one OC's literally everywhere, some citizens instead of screaming into the night...ask & engage resulting in viable discussions...for both parties as was the case here...

did i forget to mention my dentist is a youngish person of colour with a rare open mind & where we quite candidly engaged in candor discussions regarding the national riots for almost 25 minutes...much to the chagrin of several patients awaiting his administration of pain meds.

9. Nmwabbit

seems the videos from citizen's civil disobedience is bringing out the best (sarcasm) in our privileged members of the blue brotherhood to the point it appears this country is having an epiphany of sorts on the egregious activities which have been perpetrated on people of colour by LE personal.

seems catharsis is beginning which will/might/hopefully open dialogue resulting in a proper change of human dignity and end the violence & mistreatment towards all suspects within these overseer agencies!

finally hopefully the brotherhood's omerta will be broken and officers will speak up against those who wish to continue in the mistreatment activities.

10. Nmwabbit

BBC's article on seven solutions to the blue brotherhood's rein of tyranny...
    Here's a look at some of these proposed solutions, and other potential ways to reform policing.
    • Rewrite "use of force" policies. ...
    • Defund the police. ...
    • Dismantle the police. ...
    • Demilitarise. ...
    • Sue the police. ...
    • Police the police. ...
    • Start counting. quote: (In this vacuum, non-governmental organisations and journalists have had to fill in the gaps. In 2015, The Washington Post began to log every fatal shooting by an on-duty police officer in the US. Since then, they have recorded more than 5,000 people killed by police, using a mixture of news reports, social media and police reports. Their data, which is often used by policy researchers, shows that black people were almost 2.5 times more likely to be killed than white people.
    • In 2014, Obama signed into law the Death in Custody Reporting Act to force police departments to report every time a citizen dies in custody. The law also required the data to be turned over to the attorney general, who would have to release a report on ways to reduce deaths every two years.
    • Four years later, the Department of Justice's inspector general said the departmentstill had no mechanism to collect data from the states and didn't expect to have one until 2020.) unquote
    • https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52981634

11. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Dudes you can’t condemn a troll while feeding him.

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. Nmwabbit

seems one state in these here UNITED STATES is now quarantine citizen's from 9 states, including returning New Yorkers from air travel to NY...

"Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Wednesday announced that anyone coming to New York from a state currently hard hit by the virus would have to quarantine for two weeks.

The restrictions were based on specific health metrics related to the coronavirus, Mr. Cuomo said. At the moment, travelers from nine states — as well as New Yorkers returning from those states — would have to quarantine."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/nyregion/ny-coronavirus-states-quarantine.html

really...

13. Nmwabbit

Seattle just passed the payroll tax on those employees earning > 150K+$\annum to generate +/- 200M\annum for city coffers!

“Jump start” - - low housing, small business development, “community development” (ya i can see this goin awry really fast into political coffers & misused)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020 at 8:53 AM
  14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Only generate $2M, such pikers!

15. Nmwabbit

sorry was a typo which i corrected while you posted...

200M\annum

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Hi there! Could I have your attention for a moment?

This is a HISTORY thread. A very few of you keep wanting to make it a thread about current politics. How about you knock that off? We have talked about this.

If you want to make political posts, then become a supporting member, post in politics, and have at it.

Your airline ticket is for coach- seat 138 M. We should not have to keep telling you not to be sitting in seat 3 B in first class. You did not buy a ticket for first class.

sheepdawg, ellis36, JTJ and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.