age my .22 rifle

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by cfraley, Jan 8, 2012.

1. cfraley

cfraley New Member

Does anyone know a web site i could use to find the age of my rifle i know its not reallly old but it does have some age.

2. 22tackdriver

22tackdriver New Member

What type of rifle is it?

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

There are DOZENS of different references, depending on the make and model. Some use a serial number. Some, like Remington, use a barrel letter code. Some, like Mossbergs, never HAD a serial number- so we have to go by years that THAT model was made.

But ONE website for ALL guns ? HAH! You WISH!

However, if you can post info on whatcha got, we can make a stab at it. More info= better chance of getting an answer.

4. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

Your best bet is to try to check with the manufacturer. If you could find them online and send them your serial number, that might work. But, if you could post a link to a picture or something, it would be fun for everyone here to take a shot at it.

5. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Yeah me too.:D

6. cfraley

cfraley New Member

ok here is the info om my .22 . it is a springfeild savage model 187 ser# B330155 that is the only number on the gun.
    I am pretty sure it is no older than 68 and i know its not worth any big money just wondering about it. I would kinda of like to know something anything would help and be appreciated.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Contact Savage Customer service at (413) 642-4260 for Historical Information. They are in Westfield, MA. Most of those did not have serial numbers until 1968.