Aftermarket barrel

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by num1dude13, Dec 19, 2013.

1. num1dude13

num1dude13 New Member

Just picked up A storm Lake ported barrel for my m&p. I know the ports will not do much for the 9mm recoil but they look darn good. Anyone had any experience with them ported or not?

ForumRunner_20131218_223857.jpg

2. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

they do look cool. Just can't use some types of ammo. Everyone has their own preference. Me personally, I like them. 9mm is my favorite caliber.

3. num1dude13

num1dude13 New Member

9mm is a good round. What types of ammo do you know of that can't be used?

4. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

Federal ammo. Which is my one of my fav range ammo. The bullets are "low cost" and thin-plated, the rifling can and will cut the jacket material from the lead core of the bullet, those pieces of
    jacket can escape from the ports in the barrel. When launched from the barrel it is unknown where the jacket material will go and at the shooter is one possible place.

The Warning is the same (close) to that on the centerfire pistol caliber shot shells as the pellets will act much like the copper fragments.

Thank you just be safe

5. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

For anything other then a target/competition pistol I would stay away from ported, but each to his own. It does look very niceB-)

6. num1dude13

num1dude13 New Member

Haven't heard of that before. thanks for the heads up.

7. num1dude13

num1dude13 New Member

Thanks I love the way it looks. It will definitely only be pulling target duty with that barrel