After Market Sights - MarkII&III/Buckmark

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by GunHo, Apr 27, 2012.

1. GunHo

GunHo New Member

I recently picked up the Browning Buckmark Camper which did NOT come with the fiber optic sights. I found some nice ones called Fire Sights on Brownells for $50.00 and want to hear from anyone that tired these.

In general, I would love to hear from anyone and that replaced their factory sights with aftermarket ones. Thanks for your feed back.

2. elmerfudge

elmerfudge New Member

I installed Williams Fire Sights on my Ruger Mark III. EXCELLENT!

3. GunHo

GunHo New Member

thanks. yes, those are the ones i'm considering. they look pretty nice. however, i don't think I have much of a choice. they looking like the only ones available.

4. GunHo

GunHo New Member

Since I decided to buy new Williams Fire Sights, I decided to drill into the stock ones. I was surprised how nice it turned out. Actually, it was by accident. I drilled a hole, shoved the back end of a tailor pin. The back end of the pin is a white ball that broke off. I pushed it in to secure it tight. I left a perfect white dot... may hold off on ordering the Fire Sights.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. elmerfudge

elmerfudge New Member

Never thought of that. When I first bought the Ruger, I had a hard time sighting indoors with the stock (black) adjustable Mark III sights. Tried painting the rear of the front post and the small U shaped groves around the rear sight with white paint but still couldn't see well. That's when I found the Williams Fire Sights. The fiber optics are great indoor and outdoor.