After I moved ATF did a premise check

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by flyingtexan, Jun 10, 2009.

1. flyingtexan

flyingtexan New Member

Now what, it was a compliance check as well, no problems.

My question is how long till I get my new updated FFL in the mail?

2. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

within 30 days...you were supposed to notify them 30 days in advance to have it by the time you moved.

3. flyingtexan

flyingtexan New Member

Gee thanks, works out real well when you know your new address 30 days in advance...and when your not in temporary quarters for 60 days after you move...guess I could have given the room 237 at the Marriott...thanks, not all rules are cookie cutter like....they called yesterday, its approved and looks like 7-10 days...thanks for the rules refresher..dude.

4. TexasCHL

TexasCHL New Member

I sold one house and relocated to a rent house while I was building my own. Thus, I had to file two change of addresses. The first change took 2 months before I finally got my new license in the mail, the second address change after I moved into my new house took less than a month to get in. I guess it comes down to how busy they are at the time. But Dgunsmith is correct, you are supposed to apply for a change of address 30 days prior to your move.