After death - your collection

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by KJG67, Oct 13, 2013.

1. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Curious - I know laws vary State to State, but what if anything, have you set up for your firearm and ammo collection when the inevitable occurs? I'm not talking about Title II firearms. Just your everyday pistols, rifles, and C&R stuff.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I plan to live forever.

So far, so good.

My will lists who gets what. However, with the exception of "pass along in the family" guns that have a history to them, I would much rather give what I want to the people I want to have it- NOW.

Purely selfish motives on my part- if I wait until I am dead, then I can't see them enjoy what I give them. Last Christmas I was able to find, restore and gift to new son-in-law a replacement for the little 20 g bolt action Mossberg he had at age 12. He had described the gun to me, told me how much he enjoyed it, and had never seen another like it.

Shotgun- $65. Refinishing materials- $12.95. Look on his face? Priceless.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

as i don't have any children of my own and don't have anyone to pass them to, if it is just me that passes, all mine will go through my lawyer for the benefit of my wife. i did it simply because even though my wife does shoot, she would not have any idea as to the value of some of my firearms. i don't want her to ever to be at the mercy of someone looking for nice firearms and thinking about ripping off a greiving widow.

4. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I'm taking them with me for two reasons:
    1: everyone who said I can't take them with me, HA they're wrong.
    2: Heaven or Hell? Either way I'm coming prepared.

5. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

My two Sons.
    They will pass some on to the Grandchildren.

6. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I thought it was my three sons?

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Willed to my sons, in writing !...............

8. shadecorp

Not in my case.
    just the two.
    Had to quit.
    Couldn't handle any more.
    and
    they turned out great.
    papas pride.

9. Axxe55

i think he was refering to the old TV program back in the 60's!

the name of the show was, "My Three Sons"

10. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Ding ding ding we have a winner!!

11. Axxe55

the Nickelodeon Channel!:p

12. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Sigh. Cin's next husband will probably be riding around in my truck and shooting my guns. I hope my dog bites him.

13. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Did I tell you about the Clark .45 I really miss?

14. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm leaving everything I own to the dog. My wife can manage her finances at that point.

Seriously, i will leave them to my wife and her daughter. There is a short list of what firearms are wanted by who in my family, and I leave the distribution in their hands. Thjey know who gets what.

C3. I know what you mean by the look on that person's face is priceless. My dad just turned 63 in June, and his present was his dad's 870 Wingmaster which i spent lovingly restoring to the exact condition it was in when he bought it. Right down to the 1\4 inch X 2.5 inch scratch in the right side of the butt stock. My grandfather talked the clerk in the local Western auto into taking $30 off the price because of it, and it is one of my dad's favorite stories of him. And yes, I will never forget the look on his face when he asked, "How in the hell did you talk Jon into selling it?" All I can say is he will never find out from me.

15. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Either my mom or my sister.I would say my brother but he's had DUIs and I'm not sure he is able to own firearms.I wouldn't mind if possible having some firearms and ammo donated to youth shooting programs,or raffled off towards fighting anti-2nd Amendment laws.:)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  16. shadecorp

My two Sons, me
    My Three Sons, Fred McMurray.

17. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Right now, I have no heirs I would leave them to, Im hoping one of my Grandchildren will be the one but only time will tell.

18. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

So you're having the lawyer sell them off via your will or trust?

Similar situation. Wife doesn't want them. My teenage son likes to go to the range and is a pretty good shot, but really doesn't have the enthusiasm right now to keep up with this. Plus he would need to get his FOID eventually.

I have a will and trust, but haven't included the firearms up until this point. It kills me (ha, ha) to have to have them sold off and I think eventually my son would regret it if something happened right now, but I can't just leave them lying around, at least not in Illinois.

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Mine goes as follows...
    My wife gets to pick any three to add to her collection. The rest get split between my two kids, one used to be Step Son (I never learned how to divorce children, even if his mom is a tool :p) And my wife's nephew. She will decide who gets what. She wont h ave any problems with them if they get whiny. She's much meaner than they ever could be...heh

All ammo gets split and goes with any guns after she gets any ammo she might need for hers.

I get buried with my first 1911, two loaded mags, and a pair of 5B drum sticks :cool:
    Never know what I might need later ;)

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Ummmmm- one of these?

extinguisher.jpg

:D