After 6 years...

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by evo9guy, Feb 27, 2010.

1. evo9guy

evo9guy New Member

I finally got the AR that I have been wanting. Picked it up last night and going to the range with 500 rounds on Sunday.

It is a Stag Arms with iron sights.

Cant wait for tomorrow!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Don't tease, let us see the Lady of your dreams.:D

3. junho806

junho806 New Member

Very nice!
    welcome to the black rifle club
    now get rid of them plastic hand guard and get a free float tube on it!
    :p

4. evo9guy

evo9guy New Member

I have many plans for the rifle. One of the plans are the free float rails. Work in progress. Hopefully the upgrades move faster than the rifle purchase. Lol.

5. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

getting the rifle is usually the easy part...sometimes it takes time to save up, but picking it out and bringing it home is the no-brainer part.

Trying to figure out what all to put on it, that you will actually use, and what will work for you, is sometimes the hardest part. There are hundreds of sites, catalogs, vendors, etc. that make everything and anything to hang on your AR, some that are actually worth while. ;)

Take it and put some rounds through it, see how it fits and feels. That will give you a better idea of things that you might want to change. Things to keep in mind: a different grip, different stock, changing the front/rear sights, are the easy changes, along with Free Floating the front end.

After that, things get a little bit more technical, but nothing too difficult. Changing out your trigger assembly will squeeze out a bit more accuracy, especially if you free float the front end. Also, think about adding some kind of optics, whether it's a red-dot scope, fixed power, or mult-power to reach out further.

But, at least you have one now, so the fun begins, even if you leave it stock for a while. Welcome to the SUR club ;)

Slo

6. evo9guy

evo9guy New Member

Didn't last long...

Well I didn't last long on the let it be stock for a while. I ordered an ERGO grip after playing with the rifle around the house and realizing the stock one is not that comfy.

7. PTsouthpaw

PTsouthpaw New Member

congrats on your purchase. my only AR is a Stag as well, and i absolutely love it.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Where are the pics man?!?!? THE PICS!!!

9. pantherBDC

pantherBDC New Member

Gotta make room for 10 lbs of suburban guerrilla stuff.

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Nice. I have 2 stags. Both shoot great. It shouldn't let you Down but if it does stag also has A great warranty.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

last post was over 2yrs ago :eek:

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Man this thread was brought bad from the dead

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Panther, what was your purpose in reviving a 2.5 year old thread? :confused:

Unless it adds to something you want to discuss just start a new thread. This just sucks us in to wasting our time. After 8 years.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  14. okdonk

okdonk New Member

PSA is having 20% off on the rails.

15. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

yikes.. see on my ipod ididnt notice the thread date. lol

16. pantherBDC

pantherBDC New Member

OOOpsie--well, in my defense it popped up in the related threads category links and I committed the mortal sin of not noticing the OP date--maybe it should automatically be closed after a certain date?

Anyway, sorry to ruin your day, please don't show up at my door prepared to stand your ground!