affordable night sights

Discussion in 'Sponsor Display' started by gatopardo, Sep 4, 2010.

1. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Weather resistant, super bright, super dense formula embedded in industrial grade weather resistant medium.
    visit: glow-on.com

What is Glow-On™
    Great things come in small packages.

Glow-On™Super Phosphorescent is a high density formula, extremely luminescent, created to be a long lasting cost effective, weather resistant durable and efficient water based luminescent medium for multiple applications.

You can use it on your gun to create night sights, enhance the controls on photographic cameras, radios, hiking equipment, create irresistible fishing lures, add to light switches, cell phones, TV remotes, push buttons, electronic switches, dials, etc. to make them visible in the dark, easy to find and easy to operate.
    -It's the most affordable phosphorescent pigment in its class.
    -One vial is enough for 25 pistols or a dozen fishing lures.
    -Long afterglow: It glows for up to 10 hours.
    -Glow-On™ is ten times brighter than similar products.
    -Glow-On™ is easy to apply, it does not need a primer or base due ti its high density.
    -Water based: Glow-On™ is easy to clean before it dries, unlike oil based products which are smelly and messy to deal with.
    -Environmentally safe: Glow-On™ is non-toxic, non-radioactive, non-flammable.
    -Glow-On™ Phosphorescent capabilities will last for at least 10 years.
    --Any light will charge it, excitation and emission can be repeated indefinitely.
    -Super concentrated: Our phosphorescent formula is the brightest formula available.

"This technology offers up to 10 times better brightness than previous zinc sulfide based materials."( Wikipedia )

Easy to apply, it will resist any weather.

Glow-On™ Super Phosphorescent Paint single vial with instructions and 2 applicators,
    starts at US$ 9.89 plus S&H US$ 3.42

It will include appreciation package. (See below)

Glow-On™ Super Phosphorescent Paint single vial with instructions and 2 applicators
    plus Self Adhesive material only US15.89 plus S&H US$ 3.42

It will include appreciation package. (See below)

[​IMG]

In appreciation to FTF members support, extending o to the month of November with every purchase of Glow-On™,( single vial or single vial plus self adhesive) members of this forum and visitors to this page will receive an extra appreciation package with ten squares and two small strips of Glow-On™ Self Adhesive at no extra cost to use on at least ten rear sights, or a couple of remote controls etc.

follow this link
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Some examples
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  2. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

For you guys who like fishing

For you guys who like fishing, the Glow-On was tested on lake Erie by Fishonaj , here some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our hero reports : Go with the glow!!!, for deep water fishing!

Live long, live free

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm going to have to try some of this. :)

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I just ordered mine. Pretty soon I'll be pimping these all over the place. :D

5. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Dots, Dots, Dots!

Thanks for the response members of TFT

We are sending this month a few "dots" for evaluation for the month of October,
    Or, you can just put them on your gun if you like

So What are this dots?
    We are testing orange luminescent material, charges with light in a second, the glow even though its bright, last just a few minutes.

If the glow last just a few minutes, what's the use?

We are thinking, extended performance, or in other words, if you are moving around while shooting, like in competition, you'll always be able to see the orange color. We compared against "bright orange paint" and the regular paint orange disappears when there is not enough light.
    We need feedback however.

On the left te luminescent material, on the right regular bright orange.
    [​IMG]

How do I get this "dots"?
    When you order Glow-On, on the instructions to the seller write:
    " I'm member of FTF and i like the dots"

How do I apply them?
    Clean your sights with alcohol to get rid of grease and grim.
    Peel of the paper back protecting the adhesive.
    Set the dots over the sights.
    When you have the on the right position apply transparent nail polish over the dot and its edges to seal the dot in.
    Apply a couple of layers.

Of course since this are beta dots you could apply them to something else like a comb, a pen, etc. and see how they work, Hey they are free

You'll probably need a xacto knife or utility knife or a toothpick, to handle the dots.

Due to the hi demand so far for this "beta dots" we are not being able to set them properly on a backing sheet, so we are just putting them ( 8 orange and 8 green) in a little baggie, in the future though if they are added to our shopping cart they'll be properly set for an easier use.

mind you this are 1/8" in size they won't fit all guns.

[​IMG]

Here my 40 cal sights reworked with the dots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  6. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

First off thanks for the help

Second, to make the testing easier, here are a few pointers:
    take the dots inside the bag, expose them to the sun check what happens when you go inside, leave them over a table and check when everything is dark, etc. to get acquainted with their properties.
    You could set them on a flashlight, your pistols etc. just be warned after following the procedure described below, you'll need solvent to remove them completely ( after you've applied the nail polish, that is).

And please remember, the green is for night sights, the orange is for enhanced day sights, it'll give you an advantage when moving and the light direction changes drastically
    You are going to need some of this:
    An xacto knife for handling the dots, a similar tool will help, colorless transparent nail polish, and of course , the dots.

Pull the dots from the base paper like this, if you received them in a littel baggie, just peel the backing off to expose the adhesive surface.
    [​IMG]

Set them over the intended target surface like so:
    ( I'm using a small tac-light for this example)

[​IMG]

Press slightly and make sure the dot is at the right location, the adhesive allows to move he dot around somehow.
    [​IMG]

Now to make it "stable", apply ON AND AROUND THE EDGES transparent colorless nail polish, let dry for 1/2 hour and repeat.
    [​IMG]

That is it guys, it is what it is, it is not tritium, or red dot or anything else,is not better or worst than anything, is just different please PM me with your observations.

Live long, Gato

7. Highpower

Highpower New Member

OK, I've seen a few good reviews from the members of FTF now.
    Just placed an order to see for myself. (Pun intended...) ;)

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed, I will concur, Glow On works very well in low light to dark conditions and lasted throughout the night for me. :cool:

Wake up out of a dead sleep and grab your favorite nightstand booger-bear gun or shotty, immediate ocular recognition of your weapon sites, lit up bright enough for you every time, especially the front site, for on target. Reminds me of NVG target sighting...but way cheaper! :)

Highly recommended if you want to really site or locate anything in the dark...or you just can't see as well as you used to, especially in the dark.

"Jack" approved! ;)

9. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Holy costume party, Batman!

Holy costume party, Batman! - Robin
    Halloween is around the corner.
    I caught the idea from some forum members, thanks guys;)
    [​IMG]

So because Halloween is coming, and some members might use the stuff for scary nail art and such for the rest of this month We'll be filling those vials way up so you can have enough.

Live long , Gato MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Check this out:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  10. SecPro

SecPro New Member

SO the dot thingies are free? Mi wants to test some. I love reviews btu nothing beats first hand experience, especially when you have OCD. :)

11. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Gato, We are having trouble getting the orange dots off the backing.

12. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Hi Glasshartt, Please elaborate, there is a solution for everything, I should be able to help.

Did you get them in a baggie or a piece of paper?:
    [​IMG]

Do you have an xacto knife to play with them? like the one in the picture?

13. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Apreciation package

Appreciation package is good for the month of November,
    We've received a great number of emails with a very positive feedback about the inclusion of this "Appreciation package", so for the time being and not to leave anyone behind, it will be included on any order.

[​IMG]

14. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

New projects: Mosin-Nagant

You can Use Glow-On to enhance the sights of any"old" weapons iron sights like the famous Mosin-Nagant:
    The kicker is, after about 5 shots fired, the gun barrel gets hot and that gets the front sight ghost glow going:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the whole thing together

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  15. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Take it with you

If you travel, take it with you.
    With the help of Glow-On Self Adhesive package you can fins light switches flashlights and cellphones in unfamiliar places like hotel rooms while you travel

A basic appreciation package comes included in the purchase of a single vial ( $13.31 included S&h)

Flashlights
    [​IMG]

Remote controls
    [​IMG]

Cellphones
    [​IMG]

Just set the small squares over anything, ready to go, no need for anything else.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  16. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Id just like to say that I recommend the thin tape for tac lights and mag lights. It works great when wrapped around the light top and bottom. I even have a dab of glowon on the switch.

17. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I just placed my order, asyou said I included that I am a member of FTF and I like the dots,
    I know you said for October you'd include some orange dots, I hope that you can include some in my November order too...

18. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Copy that

Thanks for the support billdeserthills. Absolutely friend, We'll include it on tomorrows shipment.

Glow-On pigment can be used for fishing spoons and such.

Guys in the North, first ice in 25 day, get ready!
    fish will get a visual, easy:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

How to remove Glow-On

Will Cleaning solvents remove it?
    Cleaning solvents will remove anything in the long run when used for that purpose.:yup: use caution,common sense and good practices, for the most part solvents are needed inside a weapons works: barrel, trigger and feeding mechanism, etc.
    For the outside a small lint free piece of cloth, slightly oiled is sufficient.

Is it paint?

Glow-On pigment is not "paint " in the general sense, when it dries is more like plastic the longer it stays the harder it gets. However, Glow-On can be removed easily before it cures (usually 24 hrs), a toothpick can be used for that purpose.
    If you make a mistake while you apply it, just wipe it off wit a paper towel and start again.

Test it:
    I would recommend, a small application on some hard surface, like a glass, a small metal tool, a stapler etc. observe what it does, play with it, get acquainted, we've put more than enough pigment in the small vial for that purpose, if you happen to spill it or have any accident, please contact me.

How to remove Glow-On
    To remove the phosphorescent pigment take a Q-tip or a small cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover, just press slightly against it, it will become soft and then it can be removed.:D
    Mechanical removal is possible too, pressure and a blunt tool will pry the pigment free, avoid sharp tools which can damage the finish on some guns.
    Keep in mind that prolonged exposure to cleaners like hopes 9, will affect the finish of your weapon, unless it is clean stainless steel finish, powder coating are susceptible to benzyl alcohol, and even when they are supposed to resist acetone, be careful:p

Regular oils won't affect the phosphorescent pigment, as it is water based, transparent nail polish is impervious to oils too since it is a hard plastic when it dries.

The sights on any pistol are the first thing to go bad, they get dirty, white dots get soiled, etc. That kind of muck will affect Glow-On's performance obviously, fortunately you don't need solvent to clean that residue, a Q-tip for your sights, a small towel for around the barrels mouth are sufficient in most cases (dry or moist)

20. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Every effort has been made to accurately represent this product

Every effort has been made to accurately represent this product and its potential. Examples and testimonials in these materials are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee of any kind, Glow-On is what it is, a Professional Luminescent Pigment for various applications, the success of its use depends greatly on the users capabilities and good practices.

We've been more than willing to let members of firearmstalk.com check it out for themselves, just send a self addressed envelope to:

Glow-On Super Phosphorescent
    PO Box 12328
    Oklahoma City, OK
    73157-2328

And we'll gladly send a small sample of Glow-On Self Adhesive so you can check it out.

Glow-On is a singular product, to compare it with anything else , would be like comparing a rifle with a shotgun, just not the same, different purposes, different degree of flexibility, some people would prefer one over the other, etc.:confused:

Just let me say that if I have a product I can use to add luminescence to my gun sights, fishing spoons, light switches, flashlights and whatever else which comes to mind, plus is very affordable,:king: you should check it out, so, there is nothing to loose send a self addressed envelope.:)

Here is a picture, pictures are always good:cool:
    [​IMG]