Aero Kroil

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by zaitsev44, Oct 3, 2012.

1. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I am cleaning my Lee Enfield, and the screw at the fore-end of the barrel is rusted and clogged with military issue grease. I'm afraid I'll strip the screw if I try too much, I sprayed some Aero Kroil on it last night, and it didn't budge. Any ideas or suggestions for getting it unscrewed? Thanks

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Kroil is a fantastic product! I would suggest WD-40 and let it soak for a couple of day with applying it.
    You also need to use a hollow ground screw drive not a regular screw driver!

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Let soak in Kroil for a day. Heat with hair dryer. Use correct (hollow ground) screwdriver bit.

4. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Try placing an old leather belt over the screw and tapping with a small ball peen hammer for a while. Attempt to tighten just hair then try backing out. repeat if nessarsary. Kryoil's the best. A little heat always works if you don't apply to much.....

5. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Thanks all, I let it soak for about 24 hours and it came out without stripping the screw.

6. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Good deal, an impact driver and a hell of a lot of fineness works well after soaking it in Kryoil.