Advice

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by jeffkaiser1989, Sep 8, 2013.

1. jeffkaiser1989

jeffkaiser1989 New Member

Hey all i need some help here. My mother is intrested in a Ruger LC9 i would love to know some pros and cons about the gun from people that have it. I appreciate the help so thank you in advance.

2. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

It is a nice little gun. I think most comments you get will be about the trigger pull, because it feels really long compared to my other Rugers. I wasnt fond of mine at first but got use to it after putting a bunch of rounds through it at the range. I would suggest trying one if she can before purchasing.

Ken

3. jeffkaiser1989

kj thanks for the advice but i dont know anybody that has one and the ranges around here dont have one for rent.

4. rurak

rurak New Member

I own one and I really dislike it. I'm 6'1" and I have large hands. Its too small for me and its very snappy on the recoil. I bought a s&w shield and its a much better firearm all around in my opinion.

5. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Wait a minute. You still bought the gun even though it didn't fit your hand!!! :::confused:::

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

My wife carries one and she really enjoys it. The LC9 does have a long trigger, but nothing you can't get use to. I've shot it and I am actually pretty good with it.:)

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I saw a chick get a NASTY slide bite from one of those lil buggers; make sure your mom gets the grip right.

8. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I own a LC9 and I like it. I carry it when it is not too hot outside (then I carry a stainless steel S&W mod. 60 .357). I find the trigger pull on the LC9 much lighter than the S&W m. 60.

If your mother finds the LC9 hard to rack or the recoil is too stiff, consider the LC380.

Pros: price, size, capacity, ease of use, U.S. made

Cons: recoil, trigger pull, magazine safety feature

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  9. rurak

rurak New Member

Its the wifes!!!!!!! She loves the thing. Came with a laser that she had me take off!!!!

10. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Have her work the slide a couple times before she buys one. If she can not work the slide without trouble then buy something else.

11. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Yeah that would apply to semis designed for CC. Period.... Even full sized will bite if you don't pay attention. But the smaller semis are a little worse. I wouldn't say the LC9 is any worse than any other semi that size chambered for 9mm.

BTW everybody keeps talking about it being hard to chamber. My mouse handed little bitty wife has no problem chambering a round when she grips the gun and slide properly.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  12. orangello

orangello New Member

I think it has to do with it being a small pistol for that size round/recoil and a grip that could be stickier. It wasn't on the first shot; I have wondered if the recoil shifted her grip.

13. rurak

rurak New Member

Try a shield!!

14. jeffkaiser1989

we did at the range nice gun but it didnt fit her hand. Personaly i loved the shield.

15. rurak

rurak New Member

I have the lc9 and shield and I love the shield

16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Check out a Beretta Nano. It's a bit thinner than the shield overall. I don't think you get a slide bite from it due to its design. About $400 give or take.