Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Magnum Research Magnum Lite rifle. If it is good enough for Israeli snipers it should be good enough for home defense. It shoots a cheep round so you will not break the bank buying ammo and you will not have to worry about over penetration with the .22LR. You can also get high capacity mags and it is lighter and easier to handle than the Mini 14.

· Registered
43 Posts
"Butttt i will be living in an apartment i can bet the walls are thin.."

Exactly!!!! I have lived in some apartments where the walls are paper thin. The last thing you need in life is to take a shot at an intruder, miss, have it go through the wall and strike your neighbor's new born. I guarantee the judge will not care that you were aiming for an intruder and you will spend the rest of your life in a jail cell.

If you were living in a house i would suggest something more powerful than a 22 but in an apartment building you really have to be careful.

99.9% of intruders wont care if you are shooting 22 bullets or 12.7mm bullets at them. At the sound of the first shot they are gone!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.