advice on a long range rifle for targets only

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bingo8, Nov 5, 2012.

1. bingo8

bingo8 New Member

I was with a group of friends who are shooting long range for fun at metal targets, anywhere from 500-1000 yards. In the group there are .270wsm,7mm rem. mag, and 2 .300 RUM's. They all seem to shoot very good at those distances. What are opinions as to best accuracy of those 3 calibers and are there other options I didn't mention that ammo is readily available for? Thanks guys this is my first post.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

All are good. Just depends on each persons preferences. 338 win mag, 300 win mag, and a LOT of others are good for them distances as well. Swing by the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself. Welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy your stay

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

just for targets? hard call. there are a lot of calibers out there that with the right shooter will work just fine. if you can shoot the 270 better than a .338. use the 270 and vice versa. it comes down to what you are comfortable shooting.

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Exactly. Unless they are like you jj amd can't shoot for squat since we all know Gyrines can't shoot;)

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i dont shoot for squat...i let my wife do it :)

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya and she's probably pretty good at it too;)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012