Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped into what has become my LGS with the closing of Skip's which was just a mile away. The new place is decent but smaller. I've plucked a couple of Smiths out of there until he caught up with the market. I was looking at the Wranglers when my eye wandered over a bit and found two Single Six's. A 200 year model with both cylinders and this one, which was just calling my name.

This thing looks like it's been around the world a time and a half but I'm very happy to have a Single Six back in the safe. Im not gonna worry about having this in the truck all the time.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Congrats on your find. I inherited a Single Six. I have the opposite problem. Mine is almost as it was when grandfather bought it In the late ‘60s or early ‘70s. He had a brick of ammo with it with only one box open, and an unopened box of .22 WMR cartridges. Magnum cylinder still in its box.

I have run about a hundred rounds through it. But I almost hurt inside when I shoot it.

·
Supporting Member
12,624 Posts
NHForester

Very Nice!
I am jealous! ;)Wish I had mine back! Maybe someday I will find one!
Should have never got rid of it. Like yours it had the Standard Cylinder and the Mag. Cylinder.
Good find!(y)

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
NHForester

Very Nice!
I am jealous! ;)Wish I had mine back! Maybe someday I will find one!
Should have never got rid of it. Like yours it had the Standard Cylinder and the Mag. Cylinder.
Good find!(y)

Reminds me that I shouldn't have sold my 1966 Mustang. Should have bought Wal Mart stock, Shoulda, coulda, woulda......

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks just like mine.

Came across an ad for a Ruger .22 cowboy gun.
Contacted the guy and set up to meet.
I get there and he has a well used Single Six, with both cylinders, and without the transfer bar

I handed him the $$$$, didn't bother to try haggling. He was shocked and said he had expected me to offer less. I told him, " it was what i wanted, at the price I wanted. I thought about offering less, but decided not to. "

A week later, I came across New Model, practically NIB and at an almost too good to be true price. Contacted him and had gun in hand within the hour.

0705201040.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Had one when i was a kid. SS with both cylinders. Have no earthly idea what i did with it.
Must have traded it at some point. Sure wish i didn't.
Same as OP, i have been eyballin the wrangler but would love to have a single six again.

Good find!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts