Adjustable sights

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by kdog, Apr 13, 2012.

1. kdog

kdog Member

Hi guys,

question:

Is there any adjustable sight, that looks desent and works with the mil spec bump front sight?

2. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

The hump & bump sights were designed for durability but are not exactly user friendly.
    Not cheap to replace either. PITA

Clark Custom can take care of the problem - google them and they'll give you a quote.

I love adj sights because I shoot whatever's on sale and don't like to aim high & right to hit the center.

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Short answer = no

4. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

+1 to that.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

+2
    If you want adjustable sites that work be prepared to stake a front site :eek:

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Or you could save the value of the gun and buy a new slide with the sights you want.

Not sure how easy that is in your neck of the woods?

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Good thought- With Ebay letting gun parts back in there are always a lot of slides there for grabs - some go for a good price - some go for a crazy price :eek:
    Thats Ebay for you :D

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

kdog do they sell gun parts on eBay in Germany? :confused:

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

A lot off sellers ship worldwide- I don't, don't know all the laws so I stick to CONUS only!

10. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

Great outside the box thinking - Wilson Combat also selling some Slides and frames as well JIC.

11. kdog

kdog Member

Sorry it took a bit longer for me to get back to my thread here, but I was on a competition all day yesterday und to tired in the eavening to do anything on the net.

No, unfortunately ebay dosn`t sell firearm parts, such as slides, barells, etc.
    One could get lucky to get a set of sights, grips or holsters, butr any part that is declared as a firearm relevant part by law, can only be sold, if you have a special lisence for selling firearms. It`s all a bit complicated here.
    And also getting a second 9mm system is possible, but also a pain in the ***, because I would have it registered in my permit, and that cost a few Euros aswell.
    And at the moment my wife is to to friendly to me, when it comes to shooting............:(

I don`t have a problem with having a new front sight staked or a dovetail cut into the slide, since to me, my 1911 is not a collectable.
    It was just the question, because LPA says, the LPA TPU rear sight should work with the original front sight and since I use the pistol for target shooting only and nomally have my POA just below the black area of the ISSF target, it just might work fine and I wouldn`t have to put much money into having the front sight renewed.
    But if I have a new front sight staked or cut into the slide, I would get a totally different rear sight.

12. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

Spend the $$$, the economy could use it.

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

There was a time when there was a shooting club in Liege, Belgium.

I was surprised at what they had for parts available. About 30 years ago, one could go to a flea market in Belgium and get all the parts needed to complete a firearm.