Adjustable sights for Mossberg Cruiser with Choate stock

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Scratchammo, May 30, 2011.

1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I have a Choate top folding stock that has about 3/4" of clearance for the rear sight. What are my options?

2. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

One of those stupid ATI heat shields with integrated sights.

3. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

That's what I figured. I guess I'll have to take a ghost ring sight, grind it down some, & flip it backwards.

4. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Get a side folder

5. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

You could mill out a hole big enough for the sight to fit in when the stock is folded i guess.

6. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Once you go Choate you're stuck with Choate. I also can't stand using a side folder as I'm a southpaw.

7. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

That might work.

8. Mandy

Mandy New Member

I was under the impression that the Choate stock is a solid tube, thus making it difficult to make a hole and still retain structural integrity, a few pics may help clarify this to me.

I got the ATI Plastic Top folder and ATI plastic Side folder that I interchange ocasionally.

The ATI Top folder can be milled if needed and the Side folder won't interfere at all.

I had a Choate Stock for my AK and it was top quality and very rugged, but the ATI stocks are really rugged and weather proof too and lighter than the Choate.

The moral of all this is that IMHO, the sight system shouldn't be modified, but the stock may be modified or replaced if needed for your application.

Here are pics of my top folder

Attached Files: