adjustable chokes

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by BRAD313, Aug 2, 2012.

1. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Any body use them Wich one u got thinking about Geting on post some links of the one u like if u don't like them let me know Wich one u had I need in for a Mossberg 500 20 gauge

2. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

What? R u asking about polychokes? I have had a few added over the years. They are key to my "Tactical" 20" Mossberg 590 (NOT A1) and 18-1/4" 500. They are wonderful and very useful.

3. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Ya the Polly or true glo or if there are any others n if they got them for a 20 gauge mossy 500

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have an old Winchester 1200 barrel for my knock around Ranger 120 pump. It has a Polychoke. For bird huinting, it is pretty decent. I have no trouble knocking down fast flying dove. Kind of thinking about turning it into a super high cap (10+1) zombie gun.

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Pretty all'round useful...

Attached Files:

6. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

If the gun has ribs n use a Polly choke do u have to cut the ribs

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

My shotguns are all older models, so I can't help with interchangeable adjustable chokes. However I can vouch for the usefulness of adjustable chokes.

I have 2 old bolt action shotguns with factory adjustables. One is a Mossberg with a factory C-Lect choke. The other is a Kessler with a factory Komp-Choke ( compensater\choke combo). You can,with a simple twist, switch from tight patterns for turkey over to wide open for slugs or a round of skeet. I would start by checking your LGS or a gunsmith to see what they can recomend. They may have an older Poly-Choke that they can install for you, or a barel that has one on it that will fit your shotgun. Hope this helps.

8. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of shotguns, but I never owned one with an adjustable choke, sorry no help here..................