Adios

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gabob, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabob

Gabob New Member

Gentlemen
    I love firearms and shooting. I have been a shooter for 65 of my 73 years and a reloader for 55 years. I have two rifle ranges on my land. There are pictures of the 1000 yard range on the sticky about the Cuthbert Gathering. The other range is a 130 yard range across my pond.
    I came to this forum for enjoyment and firearms related subjects. I DID NOT COME HERE TO BE INSULTED AND CALLED A LIAR BY SOME TWIT LIKE TANGO. I was a shooter and registered pharmacist before most of you were born.
    The invitation to the Cuthbert Gathering in May is still open to all except those who flamed me
    No need to respond to this as I will not be here. There are other forums with much nicer folks around
    Mods Please close my account
    Adios

2. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Well I am sorry to see a member leave, you will be missing out on a wealth of knowledge here. However, if you are going to get this upset over a simple challenge on the internet then maybe you are doing the right thing. I belong to three firearms forums and you would have gotten the same response on anyone of them with that thread. People want proof before they believe something especially on the net. Tango didn't call you a liar to begin with, he just said the story was BS and I actually thought Tango was rather polite compared to what I've seen on other forums.

Remember for something to be personal you have to take it personal. I can guarantee you this will happen again and you simply just can't keep taking you ball and going home.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Thick skin is a mandatory need for the Interwebz, because it's SIRIUS BIDNESS.

Tango is a bit abrasive at times, however he usually speaks without an Interwebz Politeness filter. That is a benefit to his fellow forum members who lack the sand to call someone out on their claims.

Now, you have a ton of experience in your history and I would love to see you stay, but if you can't take a little questioning of your story, you are probably going to encounter this issue again.

Best of luck in future endevours....

JD

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

All I have to say is that if most of us let Tango run us off, then this site would be nearly empty. At least he let you off easy. He once told me to go eff myself and to go piss up a rope.

This is the interwebz and it is what it is. You could use a function in the user control panel that lets you put any member(s) on ignore. You would never have to hear from him again-another wonder of the internet.

Frankly, the only problem I had with that post was the irresponsible use of a firearm that nearly got your friend killed or very seriously hurt. But hey, do what you feel is right for you.

Usually in threads like this, some will tell you "don't let the door hit you", but I won't.

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I don't even want to get into the stuff tango has told me, but come on. :rolleyes: You're awful old to be this immature about a little forum drama don't ya think? You can't just runnofft everytime someone calls you a name in life or even in forums. Good grief I would have just thrown my computer in the trash a long time ago.

G "Jimbob done shot a hole in my barn to slid sum snow oft it!"

T "Whatever,I call BS!"

G" Well it happened, but I can't prove it no matter what cause there ain't no wires up here!"

W "I know this guy and it did happen cause I'm his pal."

d "Yeah! It happened cause I'm his pal too, but none of own cameras or computorz!" "I became a member just to tell you so!" I'm also old and insulted!BYE!"

T "GO pound sand. It didn't happen."

G I'M LEaVING!! I've NEVER been so insulted in all my years on this earth since the depression!!"

It's kind of funny really. :D

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

7. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

What thread was this all in if you don't mind my asking?

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Theoldman it was in the thread "My Friend Jimmy".

I called BS and we had 3/4 of a page of comments then he comes back calling names.

9. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Got it.. ty CP.. Afraid you may not like my take on how the thread played out to me. Kinda felt the same way TX did. Nothing personal brother..

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Just stop. What a waste. :mad:

I'm sure since you were in the military you have heard the phrase, "suck it up and drive on." That would be good advice here.

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Not sure what you're asking, or how it applies to the context of this thread. Please elaborate.

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Mr.Wallace, or should I call you 'Superfoot' ? Would you please use your good leg to roundhouse idsman75 in the back of the face and Judo Gene here will choke him out. That should put a stop to all this nonsense.

:)

14. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

Tango,

You weren't the only one who called BS.

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Now wait. I'm giving him a chance, and I'm civil.

Go on, sir, please elaborate on your question, and it's relevance in this thread.

Gene Lebell, the only guy that could wear a pink gi and get away with it.:)

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

It would appear the Hammer of the Mods has fallen.

Praise the Mods!!!:eek:

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

All hail mods, all hail mods!!!

I'm all for being civil and giving a chance, but when a person joins a forum for the sole purpose of getting into a ego contest.......... :rolleyes:

Save the drama fo yo mama! :D

18. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

So let me say this....

In my time, and anyone feel free to correct me, more often than not, a Headquarters element would run a range. Not always, but more often than not.

The lowliest E-1 could call a "cease fire" if he saw an unsafe act. This would be echoed up and down the firing line, along with a visual gesture.

If those running the range made an E-3 the RSO, that was that. He ran it, and he was responsible, and if you were an E-5, you damn well better heed his commands. You could wear him out all day long off the range, but if the authority was delegated to him, he was the man.

Military guys, am I off base here?

19. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

And now I'm itchin for a fight.:mad:

Somebody mess with me, and let's take it to the Hexagon!!:eek:

20. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Oh damn I leave for a day and I miss the fight and people get banned. Please tell me Idsman75 is gone, that guy was a douche.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.