Addition

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by DrumJunkie, Dec 31, 2010.

1. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I was Wheeling and dealing the other day and had a crap-load of parts, pieces, and stuff that ended up becoming trade fodder. I ended up with this. A Charter Undercover 38 spl. I had been thinking about another revolver for a tackle box/truck gun so I guess this will fit that bill pretty well.It's actually a lot more accurate than I thought ti would be. I had no trouble popping cans of a fence post at 25 yards. And the big plus I have all of about 175.00 in it when I got to counting op the stuff that made the deal happen.

Anyway..This is it.
    [​IMG]

That rifle looking thingy is a lighter. I might have to devise a rack for that in my rear window..heh

2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I find the Charter to have a nicer trigger than the crappier Taurus also, then again I would really hate to depend on a gun built by a guy who has no toilet.
    $175 is good, you could private sale that thing for at least $250-$325 out here in Arizona

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Looks good for the price. Sounds like the correct solution for what you want.

4. freefall

freefall New Member

Bill, you prefer a Charter to a Taurus? My wife loves her .44 Bulldog, but the pins want to drift by themselves.

5. billdeserthills

I definately find Charter Arms to be better made than Taurus. Try any Charter trigger and a Taurus trigger together, you'll see what I mean.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I thought about getting my dad on of the southpaws they offer now because for some reason unknown to me he's right handed but shoots left handed.

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

She sure is petty. I need one of those.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats, new guns are good. :D

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Thanks! I couldn't beat it for the price. I've never had one nor had I shot one before this one and was a little apprehensive. After shooting this one I was happily surprised. It seems well built and is very light. And it has a bigger grip, something a lot of similar weapons lack. I was kind of holding out looking for a 357 just because of the versatility of ammo but I' very happy with this thing for the time being anyway. :)

10. Geezer02

Geezer02 New Member

A lot of people bad mouth Charter Arms revolvers but I like them. I have a very early Undercover made in Bridgeport, CT and has been around the block, looks it, too. I also have an Off Duty and it is a very good pocket carry gun at just 12 ounces.

11. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Spitty, I wouldn't get him any sort of lefty type gun and/or accessory until he test drives it. We leftys can be peculiar. Maybe If I had countless hours to spend with a left handed revolver in order to totally change my habits, I'd try one. I've gotten to where shooting opposite guns is perfectly natural, EXCEPT long action bolt guns, then forget it. :)

12. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'll agree on the lefty revolver. I'm left handed and do lot like several left handed weapons I've had my hands on over the years. Maybe take him with you and see how the thing feels to him. I shoot with both left and right but mostly shoot left handed and shooting right handed pistols has become second nature. I even have 1911's that have not had the safeties changed as I really don't have a problem with them the way they are. I have no idea how I missed that post the first time:eek:

Just something to think about from another lefty.

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Nothing better than a late Christmas gift.

Cool deal:D

14. billdeserthills

I have one in my shop, but like the Pistol Bayonet it is stricly for laughs.
    Reason is simple. After many years of a Lefty conforming in a Righty world I just feel it is too dangerous for any true lefty to begin depending on the only left-handed revolver for miles around.