Action Hero Deathmatch

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

First off, this isn't to be taken lightly. Deathmatches never should be taken lightly.

Second, I wrestled with the idea of leaving these guys in their hey-day, or as they stand today. I think it's probably wiser to leave them in their prime, although the greatest still maintain a degree of bad@ssness.

It's a bracket tournament system, once three have responded with a winner, the winner moves to the quarters.

Cite credible reasons for your pick.

Ready, judges?

1) David Carradine vs. Hulk Hogan

2) Steven Seagal vs. Sly Stallone

3) Van Damme vs. Jackie Chan

4) Chuck Norris vs. Ahnold Schwarzenegger

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

And group 2:

Jet Li vs. Tony Jaa

Jason Statham vs. Daniel Craig

Wesley Snipes vs. Mr. T

Tom Cruise vs. Ralph Macchio

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

1) Hogan as he's just a huge athletic fella

2) Seagal in his prime was fast and he's a big dude (also packs a 1911)

3) Van Damme in his prime was a bad mo-fo

4) Chuck of course, because he's Chuck

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Jet Li, never saw someone so fast & fluid

Craig as I just think he's tougher (besides, he's Bond)

Wesley Snipes is a 7th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do

Macchio as Cruise is a twit

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

1) David Carradine vs. Hulk Hogan Carradine as he would just move out of the way and make hogan waste all his energy chasing him then he would chop his *** down.

2) Steven Seagal vs. Sly Stallone Sly would kick this douche bags azz all over the ring.

3) Van Damme vs. Jackie Chan Jackie Chan for all the goofy in that guy is he about 5 times faster and more fluid that john "War Face" Van Damme.

4) Chuck Norris vs. Ahnold Schwarzenegger HUM DUAH NORRIS he would just look at the govanator and he would die right on the spot.

Jet Li vs. Tony Jaa Draw in my eyes.

Jason Statham vs. Daniel Craig Jason because he is bigger

Wesley Snipes vs. Mr. T That would be like Kimbo Slice fighting GSP or I hate to say it BJ Penn. Snipes would walk all over T because that dude is slowed down by all the bling.

Tom Cruise vs. Ralph Macchio Ralph Macchio because dude he is the Karate Kid and Cruise is nothing but a wait for it.............. KID TOUCHER.

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

1) Hogan over Carradine- as much as I loved the guy, and in spite of the fact that nobody did more for martial arts in America, I think Carradine had very limited skills.

2) Seagal over Sly- Seagal actually has skills, in spite of all his other baggage. Sly is in fantastic shape, better than most a third his age, but can he fight? Speed and skill factor to Seagal.

3)Chan over JCVD- The guy is like a double jointed monkey on meth. Jean Claude got alot of his skills from ballet. A close one, but Chan gets the nod.

4)Chuck over Ahnuld- The Gov has more going for him than people think, but Chuck was a pioneer.

Second group.

1)Li over Jaa- I don't know what Jaa's real training is, but Li used to do some crazy s**t. Another close one, but I just can't see Li losing this one.

2)Statham over Craig- Not even close. Statham has crazy Hong Kong skills, Craig benefits from crazy editing.

3)Snipes over T- I never saw T do much of anything but be intimidating. Decent boxing skills in Rocky 3, but Snipes is the total package.

4) Macchio over Cruise- Despite the hokey everything, the kid did some impressive stuff in that movie, and if he's 50 now, he probably still looks like he's 17. No competition here, Miyagi-san.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

So unless somebody wishes to contest, the quarters look like this:

1) Hogan vs. Seagal

2) Chan vs. Norris

3) Li vs. Statham

4) Snipes vs. Macchio

I wait for 6 decisions on this one, judges.

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

1) Hogan vs. Seagal - Tough fight but Seagal Wins just because Hogan couldn't get a hold of him.

2) Chan vs. Norris - Norris Wins with a knockout, he's just to powerful for Chan.

3) Li vs. Statham - Li takes Statham. Too much speed and martial arts knowledge.

4) Snipes vs. Macchio - Snipes over Macchio. Trained vs Movie trained, no contest!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Most folks don't know this but Statham is not a career martial artist. He was a diver (olympic type) and that's where he was discovered and put in the movies. He may actually have some MA skills now...

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Excellent point, I was referring to the first Transporter film, there was some wire work involved, and I think the choreographer was one of those Hong Kong guys. You have to have some skills to work with them.

Statham was a diver and a model, which makes him all the more impressive for overcoming the ghey imparted by those two endeavors.

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

1. Segal. Hogan is nothing more than a bad actor on roids

2. Norris. He is Chuck Norris.

3. Li. His skills are amazing, and he wins despite the size difference.

4. Snipes. He has the reach and wider range of skills.

12. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

1) - Hulk Hogan, size and strength over the Grasshopper

2) Steven Seagal, Sly can barely talk, much less fight

3) Jackie Chan would be done with this before Van Damme could get into his ballet shoes

4) Chuck Norris would win if you threw all of Austria against him:p

13. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

This one has better matches, even if the last 2 would be purely entertainment

1) I like them both, but I think Jet Li has years of experience that would be in his favor

2) Jason Statham - he's almost the "white jet li" ;)

3) Wesley Snipes - again training and quickness, he'd be wearing Mr.T's jewelry before Mr. T hit the ground.

4) I'd pay to see Ralph do his infamous crane style - then take 2 to the chest and 1 to the head :D

14. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

1) I think Seagal would take it, just on stamina. I think Hogan would be picking himself up off the floor too many times and would end up in submission choke.

2) Both in their prime - I would give it to Chan. Norris was good in his prime, but Jackie Chan was alot quicker, more skills, better training in quite a few styles.

3) Another great match, but I think in their prime, Li would win. See above.

4) No match, Wesley Snipes would tap dance all over the fallen crane.:D

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

And Norris was one style only?? :eek:

Plus, it does not matter if you can hit a guy 2x's to your 1 if you can't out punch the guy. I've never been hit or kicked by either, but I think that Norris has the power over Chan. Plus, Chan used camera tricks to make him look faster, Norris not so much. Prime to prime, Norris kicks Chan the funny man's arse!! What? :D

16. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Not entirely true.

Statham was a former Olympic Diver in Britian. He was modeling for a company that became in investor in the Guy Ritchie film Lock, Stock and 2 smoking barrels. Great Film. So his "audition" with Guy Ritchie was to pretend he was selling black market goods, something he was doing already on the streets of London, and sell Guy Ritchie on buying some of his swag.

If you watch the opening of Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, the part that he plays and the speech that he gives, is the same he gave Ritchie to get the roll.

And he nailed Sophie Monk. A lot. :mad:

18. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

1) Hulk Hogan would smash the weiner Carradine. Carradine is just an actor and not even slightly athletic.

2)Segal......who has ever seen Segal really do anything? He's all talk and his "old" aikido videos are with completely compliant uke, just like most aikido. Stallone is a workhorse and would crush Segal in his grasp. His workouts even today most athletes can't do.

3) Van Damme would hurt little Jackie, but Jackie is one athletis guy who seems to find a way. JCVD FTW.

4)While Arnie was a huge roid pumping bodybuilder Chuck Norris was 6 time full contact karate champion. Arnie would cry like a big baby.

19. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

So as best as I can decipher it,

Norris vs. Seagal

Snipes vs. Li

Is that the consensus?

20. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Norris hands down on Segal. Don't f#ck with Chuck, or Chuck will f#ck you up.

Li over Snipes because Snipes has to fight the IRS. Plus, Li was not in that stupid sky diving movie where Snipes was made the fool