Act of Valor boycott

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DodgerBlue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

IDK, I might be the only one but I refuse to watch this movie on general principle.

Don't these seals know anything??? Hollywood is run by anti military, anti america, pro one world Soros goverment liberal democrates.

This is what I heard from the talking heads. These are active duty SEaLs who want their story of not only duty but life told.

"they" say nothing of importance was given away in terms of tactics or what not.

But why when once NOTHING was once known but the name, do we need to expose everything about the teams? Knowing something is more than nothing.

I wonder if theses guys faxed al queda, china, russia, and pakastan, the offical navy seals tactics books too as a read along to the movie.

WWII frogmen are rolling over in their graves. Everything worked for, all the deaths of those that came before them in silence, for what?? so hollywood could make a buck?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

If alqueda and the muslim brotherhood uses this film as a how to on defeating seal tactics they are gonna get whoped harder than they are now by the seals....

The action sequences are pure helliwood after all.

I think your getting twisted on this for nothing. The numerous ww2 us sub movies (equivelent secrecy on tactics and strategy as the seals today) didnt seem to help the japs one bit during the war. In fact it was just the opposite.

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Saw it tonight. It was a good yarn.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I'll be thinking of your crazy rant while I'm stuffing my face with popcorn and polishing of a Pepsi.

5. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I doubt any of these guys in the movie are active duty seals,my bet is the showed a clip or two of some seal training and then blatently advertise that active duty seals are in the movie to sell tickets. Seals may have collaborated during the making of them,but there's no way they play any significant parts.

I just have a hard time believing any seal would put his face out there after hearing rumors that seals have assualted and threatened reporters with their lives to recover photos after having pictures taken of them(for good reason).

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

The main heroes are navy seals thats what all the controversy is about

7. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

AAAAA...It's just a Movie...with alot of Action....

8. codemanod

codemanod New Member

I'll watch it once for me, then go back and watch it once for you. Can't wait, heard it was off the chain!

9. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

You believe everything you hear on a commercial?

It just seems like Hollywood hyping it up to me,like I said I wouldn't put it past the marketing team to mislead people into thinking the main characters are active duty seals. Doesn't matter if they are or not if they can create controversy over it people will pay to see it. The movie itself seems tailored to the Call of Duty gamer types and others IMO,just hard for me to see real seals willing to glamourize what they do... much less be able to act lol. But that said I probably will see it sometime.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

No lol. That info comes from the department of defense...

Its been all over the news the last week or so. If its a claim made solely by helliwood it goes in one ear out the other. But its confirmed by the dept of defense the claim is true. If it was say.... eric holder or obama saying it speaker of the house boehner saying it i wouldnt believe it.

It almost got nixed after it was done. the intial ok to film, officials didnt understand the seals were going to be the stars. Thats what caused all the stink in the last few weeks.

In my movie watching experience non super star actors are usually better than the top ranked ones.

And whats wrong with call of duty?? its a fun game!!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  11. Soliferrum

Soliferrum New Member

i agree, its funny how people believe whatever they put on a movie.

i remember when that movie The Forth Kind or something like that came out, it was with that chick from Resident Evil. It was about her being in Alaska as a shrink and discovering all these people who were abducted and what not. My brother and his woman pretty much shoved this movie down my throat like it was some new damn messiah. The beginning said "based on real events" or along those lines, and in the movie, they had what seemed like amature video footage of people being actually abducted.

i couldnt help but look at my brother and ask him if he was actually that freaking retarded to believe the clips were real. Im pretty sure its the same way here, actual seals are probably watching the clips and going "who the hell are these guys?"

I wont be seeing the movie cause its an amped up bro-dog douche bag man-date movie. One of these weeks ill go into work and ill have to hear the younger ones go "Hey Marine, you see that navy seal movie? i think im gonna go try doing that. that looks bad ass." then ill sigh, find a place to sit down and put my head in my hands and mourn for the future of society. Glorify war and the military, dont turn it into one big f*cking retarded long energy drink commercial.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Just had to laugh at that. :D

13. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

The SEALs were used as the stunt men in Hollywood couldn't do the stunts required. I'll go see it and it will be 3rd movie I've been to see in 30+yrs. The liberal left on the blogs according to Rush Limbaugh are railing against it as they say it glorifies the military. Good. Most of the movie was filmed with a $3,000 dollar cannon camera like all the hunting shows. Can't see what could be wrong watching a movie the libs hate.

14. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I think hollywood is retarded, most of the time they don't pay attention to a lot of little details. Then again I think most of california sucks, has some awesome sights but between the politicans and the hippies... yea

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Originally the active duty guys were just suposed to be extras and tech advisers. The movie was filmed around their deployment rotation.

I love conspiracy theorists. Osama is still alive and 9/11 was an inside job, right?

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Osama is definitely dead. The other part, I honestly don't know for sure, but I have a hard time swallowing the mainstream line.

17. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

My point was people get to wrapped up in conspiracy theory crap. The "Man" isn't always out to get you.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I tend to agree. But "the Man" is still just as crooked and dangerous as a one eyed water moccasin.

19. glockluvr

glockluvr New Member

The general concensus is that the whole world is changing, and unfortunately so are some of the seals.
    Back in the day, no seal did what they did to get famous or rich, and the respect didn't come from people who watch movies sitting on the couch either.
    It was only a matter of time before some seals decided to capatalize on their situations. Is it the fame, the money, the so called respect? You gotta ask the ones that chose to exploit themselves.
    I personally would rather remain mysterious and stay in the shadows.

Attached Files:

20. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Well Idk,I never researched the movie... just seems like a bold statement considering how important consealing the identities of active duty seals and the unit USED to be.I have a hard time believing they would plaster they're faces and the faces of their families over a movie screen for hours. It didn't really strike my attention as it seems to glamorous and overly action packed. Like it would be a movie that you watched bug eyed for 2 hours and at the end of the movie couldn't recite the plot to another person,just How many explosions there were.

But I find it more plausible that they were used as stuntmen and for the entry and small unit tactics scenes.