Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get my act 235, which is Lethal Weapons certification for on the job work like, ( bodyguards, security guard,etc. the reason why bc I already have concealed carry permit but I want a job that I can carry a weapon and yes I'm in school to be a cop already but need a better part time job.

·
Retired
13,654 Posts
In the state of PA?

Here in FL, our LEOs have part time jobs as security.

Suggest that you get through school first and (once graduated and accepted into a force) find out what the regular job thinks about part-time work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I live near Pittsburgh, PA and I don't have time or enough money for school that's why I need this act 235 so I can be taking seriously by some good company's and get good money to take care of my family, I'm 23 and have my son who is 4 and a wife to take care of in the mean time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It cost a lotta' money 15 years ago to get Act 235 and it was more of a hassel than Act 120 on the physical side (vision requirements) and the you had to pay a for a physch test to boot. Not an act 120 requirement at the time.
The pay wasn't all that good and you couldn't work as an independent bodyguard. A independent bodyguard has to possess a Private Detective License. That is a whole other set of requirements that not many people can meet. A PI cannot work for any law enforcement agency and be a PI at the same time.
Been there. Done that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crazycharlie2 said:
It cost a lotta' money 15 years ago to get Act 235 and it was more of a hassel than Act 120 on the physical side (vision requirements) and the you had to pay a for a physch test to boot. Not an act 120 requirement at the time.
The pay wasn't all that good and you couldn't work as an independent bodyguard. A independent bodyguard has to possess a Private Detective License. That is a whole other set of requirements that not many people can meet. A PI cannot work for any law enforcement agency and be a PI at the same time.
Been there. Done that.
Thanks for PI idea, didnt think of that. And yes I've been researching it its going to be a least 450 for everything just for the act 235.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.