Accurizing the mini14

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by slowryde45, Nov 24, 2009.

1. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010

2. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

The Accu-Strut works very well and there are a few other off-shoots of the Accu-Strut as well that also work. It helps to practically eliminate barrel whip and harmonic problems for tighter groups. I machine my own clamps and struts in my shop.

Jim...........

3. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

4. KMO

KMO New Member

3-Point Anchoring Best for Stabilizers

I would never discourage a do-it-yourselfer from doing great things, but nearly all of the homemade barrel stabilizers I have seen have only a 2-point anchor, the two points being the clamps attaching it to the barrel. Finding a way to achieve 3-point anchoring (2 barrel clamps + 1 gas block connection) will give superior results over just the 2 barrel clamp connections. My own barrel stabilizer project initially began with a 2-point system, but ultimately morphed into a much better 3-point design. It's not all that easy unless one is equipped with at least an end mill. My partner & I are now cranking out a variety of our stabilizers to fit the variety of Mini-14's & Mini-30's on the market. Long live the do-it-yourselfer, but sometimes it's nice to capitalize on someone else's prior efforts by avoiding all the trial & error.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  5. Lik2race

Lik2race New Member

Barrel Stabilizers-Wish I was as smart

I do wish I had the knowledge & equipment to do as you have done,
    I understand these stabilizers work very well,
    but $80-$95 is way too much for me.
    Do you make these for "others" ?
    I would be interested I think.
    Thanks

I stand corrected; I got an amazing deal on a set of Mo-Rods & the Grim Reaper..Just could NOT pass it up..[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  6. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Mo-Rod works for me! The best accurizing thing I ever did to my Mini-14.

Attached Files:

7. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

hmmmm

i can't read the original post, but it seems the thread has shifted towards struts, so i'll add my two cents.

DIY struts are a great idea. i have no doubt that they work as well as any of the ones produced by the various companies.

but one thing you might consider is LOOKS. i have seen very few DIY struts that looked good. in fact, many of the ones i have seen, however effective, look downright ugly and i personally wouldn't put them on a $600-800 gun, just to save maybe 40-50 bucks. and when it comes to $, i'm pretty much a tightwad.

the stainlees on the accu-strut is a CRAZY perfect match. it looks like it came from the factory. nice to have something that works & looks good. the mo-rod looks clean and sheek and awesome when in combo with mo-reaper. these companies do great work!

also, consider time and investment in reasearch. kevin at accu-strut spent a lot of time & money testing his struts. he is still running tests on his newer line to give great service to his customers.

i think my accu-strut actually makes my mini look BETTER, and it has tightened groups and reduced barrel heat. i think it was a great investment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  8. Lik2race

Lik2race New Member

LOL..Just purchased Mo-Rod & Mo-Reaper.
    I believe this will do just fine
    :cool:

9. Jeff_F

Jeff_F New Member

I think a trigger job and a strut are the two mods that will bring about the most accuracy with the Mini 14.

10. GunDoc

GunDoc New Member

With or without a strut a trigger job and bedding the receiver will yield great results. If you're a DYI kind of shooter you can follow these videos and get perfect results.

Gunsmithing Videos by Great West Gunsmithing

11. KMO

KMO New Member

May it never be uttered! :eek:

12. GunDoc

GunDoc New Member

Sorry KMO.......my bad.

13. jac

jac New Member

Anybody know a gunsmith in Texas that can do a trigger job on a mini

14. KMO

KMO New Member

You can pull the trigger assembly out & send it to either masterPsmith or Gundoc here on this forum. They both do excellent trigger jobs...;)

15. jac

jac New Member

Thanks kmo do you know cost

16. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Has anybody installed the Amega scout rail? It is supposed to stabilize the barrel and replaces the top of the gas block. Gives you a full front rail for electronic or scout optics. Leaves the action open for bolt removal. http://www.amegaranges.com/

17. KMO

KMO New Member

Just send a private message to either one, and I'm sure you'll be treated fairly...

18. scottybaccus

scottybaccus New Member

Mine is with the legendary Alan Tillman of ART Enterprises right now.

Where in Texas are you?

19. jac

jac New Member

Im north of San Antonio in a tow called new braunfels