Accurate Number 5

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by InedaBullet, Oct 17, 2007.

1. InedaBullet

InedaBullet New Member

Is Accurate Number 5 decent clean burning powder? Has anyone ever tried this stuff before?

2. Bidah

Bidah New Member

I have used quite a bit of it in .45acp and 9mm. Nice powder, and since it is bulky, if you double charge a case it spills out. It burns fairly clean, but not as clean as others, and not as dirty as others. It is one of my fav's, although I can't always find it.

-Bidah

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

It`s not a powder that I use because there are other powders of about the same burn rate that I prefer. I do how ever use several of the other Accurate Arms powders and have found them to be very good powders if they are the burn rate your looking for.

4. bobkreeger

bobkreeger New Member

bobkreeger

Great powder. All Accurate powders are great. I use #2,5,7,9 & 4100 in the various calibers I reload. very fine ball powders that meter well and exhibit low flash. Go to their web site and download their free reloading manual.

5. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

A-a#5

AA#5 was designed to be the ideal powder for .45acp. Works well in other applications as well. I just today put together some .38 target loads, using AA#2=2.9gr. under Speer 148HBWC. Similar burn rate as Bullseye, and usually a couple of $ less per pound.:)

6. shoez

shoez New Member

I use it for mid range loads in the 44 mag with great results. very clean burning. Also used it for 38 special plus p loads with 125 JHP's. good there too.