Accuracy Testing Between a Few .22 Pistols

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by SGWGunsmith, Apr 16, 2018.

1. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

My budget for testing .22 rimfire ammunition in .22 caliber pistols is limited, as far as the grip plates involved with each pistol, cost of the pistols involved, and the panels that are needed for my Ransom Rest ( $54.00 ) to hold the grip frames. Yet, as weather around here will allow, my plan this spring/summer is to test and compare the following pistols for accuracy with the same lots and brands of .22 rimfire ammunition in that rest. This will be an exclusive test for this forum ONLY. The ammunition I've selected for this testing will be from ordinary, to sublime, with costs that most of us like, as opposed to costs & brands that are outrageous for most of us.
    I will be gathering all this information mainly for my data bank, and my concerns, using what I have available in both guns, positive resting, and ammunition, so please, if you have dissension on my results, post your testing to see how we compare. I'd love to see it.
    Pistols to be tested:

Ruger Mark II Competition Target 6 7/8 inch barrel
    Ruger Mark II Government Target 6 7/8 inch barrel
    Ruger Mark IV Competition Target 6 7/8 inch barrel
    Browning Buckmark Contour with 7¼ inch barrel
    Volquartsen LLV on VC grip frame wit 6-inch barrel

This will be an interesting test that involves how these pistols compare to accuracy and how they actually like the .22 rimfire ammunition used in this testing.

2. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

Will be fun to read/see results

Someday I will have time to undertake things that interest me, like you are doing... Once I retire

Of course, i may never mske it that long

3. windjammer69

windjammer69 Active Member

It will be interesting to see if any of the others can compete with the Volquartsen.

SGWGunsmith likes this.
  4. SGWGunsmith

Yes, I'm also curious to see how that works out.

5. SGWGunsmith

The Volquartsen LLV arrived today. The snow is leaving the premises quite rapidly, so as soon as ths earth around my bench firms up a bit more..........