Accessory upgrades

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by tenntyrant, Oct 26, 2011.

1. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

I want to ad some accessories to my rra ar15 I have the tactical operator 2. What are some good accessories to add ? So far all I have bought is 1 pmag and a rvg moe vertical grip. Anyone have good suggestions?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

depends on what your looking to do with it. i added a turner sadlery sling and a magpul prs stock to my RRA National match A2. im toying with the idea of a magpul MOE handguard set.

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jon,

I saw a MOE handguard at one of my classes last week. Looks great and especialy for the price!

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

As far as accessories for the Rock River Tactical Operator 2. I am hoping you chose the Dominator 2 Rail for it. Then you need to get you an EOTech for it. With that system you will have one of the fastest target acquisition rifles out there. It also allows you to co-witness when you need to should the optics fail. And not have the iron sights to contend with when only using the EOTech. The best basic EOTech is the Model 512 which takes two quality AA Batteries.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Add what will help you put rounds on target faster and more accurately and nothing more. You'll save money, time, weight and keep from having one of those goddie looking things that seem to be everywhere.

6. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

Yes it has the dominator two back site and rail.

7. Redarrow18

Redarrow18 New Member

Maybe get a new pistol grip for it? or maby a light or new sights?

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Check out Magpul, they have several accessories for them, pretty much everything on my M4 is magpul

9. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

My new RRA mid-length just sports a O.D. G.I. sling, Magpul Gen. 2 pop-up rear sight and a 2-7 power scope in a RRA cantilevered scope mount. Too much other stuff will just run the weight up.

I may install a standard hanguard rail on the bottom for a quick dismount bipod I have to use at the range. When sighting in a new set of sights or scope the bipod is very handy.

BTW, I also installed a KNS Precision .052 round ball front sight post in my A2 front sight. What a great improvement in the sight picture over the big fat factory sight that comes standard in AR's. I like to sight my rifles in to shoot exactly where I put the front sight and not have to use the 6 o'clock aiming point. The new bead sight will make that possible now. :cool:

10. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Just a general observation; the M4 carbine was designed with the idea of being lighter and less cumbersom than the M16, and what do a lot of people do with them? Use the picattinny rails to hang more stuff to negate that advantage. Flashlights, scopes, lasers, video cameras, bottle openers, etc. Some of it has nothing to do with hitting the bastard on the other end, or even the paper target. And if you have a malfunction, there is that much more crap to take off.

11. 70cuda383

70cuda383 New Member

yup...I'm looking to get an M4 flat top receiver put together for my AR. I bought it with the 20" barrel in stainless. it shoots great, with iron sights I can hit a quarter consistently at 30 yards, so that's what...about a 5" group at 100 yards? good enough for what I use it for.

but, I want shorter and lighter now. I also put the much smaller sights on the upper I have now and it was great, especially for longer range targets, because the further out you reach, the more of the target the sight was covering up. I'll probably get something like that for whatever new upper I buy, along with a red-dot sight, probably in the $150 range. the only other thing I would consider adding would be a flashlight, but probably not. I don't exactly do a lot of night time shooting, and if a bad guy comes knocking at night time, I'm not going for an AR that's gonna shoot through him, and the next 3 walls too. I'll grab the 870, and that already has a pressure switched light mounted on it. great thing with a scatter gun like that, is you can use the flashlight almost like a laser sight. the beam pattern represents your spray pattern! the further away the target, the larger area your flashlight is going to illuminate, AND the larger your spray pattern is going to be.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Adding stuff does make it heavier but for those that need that stuff it's lighter than mounting them on a 20" barreled rifle.

My data might not be 100% but I have been told my a trusted source who is a police officer had avid shooter that most of our perceived notions of what over penetrates and what doesn't has been proven incorrect in testing.