Absolutely amazing

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by deg, Jan 12, 2014.

1. deg

deg Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

So I sit here navigating around this fine Forum drinking a fine cup of coffee, special blend I might add, I look out my back window to the pond, here in NE OK, and see these stinking Canadian Geese that have survived the trip of steel shot. We had a cold snap, like everyone else, and the pond now has a paper-thin layer of ice on it, I could throw a piece of gravel in the air and penetrate it. These heavy bodied geese are standing on this ice – how do they do it!?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

flat feet!!!!!!!:p

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wide feet distributing the weight over a larger area?

4. deg

deg Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I get the whole waterbed in the attic of weight/sq ft theory – I would still like to see one of those flat footed cat sized turds break through just once! It just don't seem fair.

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

We still have thousands of them floating around. Unlike the theory, they dont all fly south. My pond and most of the lakes are heavily frozen over right now. I always wondered how they avoided getting frozen into the ponds when I was a young Water-foul hunter. I always figured Id jump a pond one day and the suckers would be stuck there, never happened, always flew away. Sometimes with a few less than they left the pond with if we were lucky!