Absolute favorite?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe New Member

I wanna hear it all folks! What is your PERSONAL FAVORITE handgun of all time? This applies to all calibers, all makes, wheel guns and auto, any age or nationality. I wanna know what your absolute favorite handgun of all time is!

The only guideline is that I want you to have put ATLEAST 50 rounds through the gun you choose! JUST SEEING IT ONLINE OR AT THE STORE AND FAWNING OVER IT DOES NOT COUNT!

I'll start:
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Sig p226 9mm. I have never owned one but have gotten to shoot an old friend of mines on a few occasion and it absolutely surpasses anything else I have ever handled in every imaginable way. It is equally as high on my wish and dream list as a Luger (which would probably be the gun I chose if I had ever done more than handle one).

Let's hear it folks... PERSONAL favorite ALL AROUND pistol.

2. Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe New Member

22 views not a single response :-?. Thought it was a decent to-kill-time kinda thread topic, but i suppose im wrong?

3. Mark F

Mark F Active Member Supporter

I think the problem here is... you really need to own your favorite. My thinking is, "if" it's your favorite, ONE; you most likely would have had it for a long time, TWO; trust it with your life, THREE; a companion just like your life-long pet.

Mine is a Smith & Wesson 629 Classic.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Me personally, it's one of my 1911s - if I picked one it would be my 1st series Kimber Gold Match. TBH I shoot all of my guns a lot, including my 3 rimfire pistols...

5. 995

995 New Member

My hi-point 995 it's a sweet little shooter and it goes bang every time I pull the trigger .

6. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

HI Wings, think I'm gonna cheat a little on this one!:)

Favorite all-time carry piece, Most miles on her & Totally dependable = SA 1911 9mm

[​IMG]

Favorite all-time range queen, most fun rounds sent to target = toss-up between my .45 acp longslides, gotta give the edge to the OLY Matchmaster.

[​IMG]

Favorite all-time 100 - 150 yd plinker, when the first shot don't really count = Ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine

[​IMG]

I've got a lot of all-time favorites, favorite caliber, collectors piece, deal, etc, you get the idea! I'm way too greedy to pick just ONE!! Ken

7. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

i would say my desert eagle .50AE
    its a lot of fun to shoot. i dont get to shoot it as much as i would like.

my springfield armory 1911-A1 is a close second. its also a lot of fun whether i am shooting .22LR or .45ACP i have more rounds out of that weapon than any of my ther handguns.

a close third is my sigP220. its my defensive handgun and all-round workhorse for selfprotection. i have almost as many rounds out of it as the 1911.

i dont think there is a runaway winner as number one. my most favorite handgun i shoot the least.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Smith and Wesson M-657 4" .41 Magnum. Duty carry for many years. Dead nuts accurate, powerful and handy (for my paws). Nice conversation starter for those that have never even heard of a .41 Magnum.

#2 Smith and Wesson 1006 for the same reasons stated above.

9. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Kimber Super Match .45 ACP - it just "fits" me perfectly. The most ergonomic (for me) handgun I own. It simply feels "right" to me. :)

10. 1861

1861 New Member

Model 19 4" S&W .357 magnum .

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My 1911 5" GRP. Best damn pistol I have ever fired. Love that piece of steel.

12. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Lorcin .25 I love to hold it sideways and let the "heavy metal" fly. Sorry if I made any of you jealous...;)

13. crossfire

crossfire Member

10" VS barrel Dan Wesson M40 .357 Maximum SuperMag with a 6" HV shroud second barrel. The 10" shroud is scoped with a (now) 2-6X Bushnell and Hogue grips are used; urethane with the 6" barrel and rosewood fingergroove with the 10" barrel. I can put Trail Boss or Unique in the cases and have a 6" barrel .38 Special +P duplicate or use the 10" barrel and load with AA-1680 to take down any game animal I'd care to hunt at up to 100 yards. This revolver has always been and will always be far more accurate than I am capable of.

14. Cocobolo

Cocobolo New Member

My personal favorate is my Colt Government Model re-worked by Clark Custom Guns.

Attached Files:

15. Hollander

Hollander New Member

Springfield EMP 9. I could shoot it all day long if I could afford the ammo. Wish I could afford the .40 as well.

16. singleshot

singleshot New Member

Its a toss up between my SA XDm 9mm and my new XD 9 SC. Love them both!

17. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

All time favorite would have to be my 7 1/2" barreled Redhawk 44 mag. However if I owned a 1911 it might take first place, I love the way they feel and the how accurate they can be.

Attached Files:

18. RMTactical

RMTactical New Member

It's a toss up between the Glock and the 1911.

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Blasphemy! To mention THE pistol and THE Anti-Pistol in the same sentence in such a way...

You're Fired...:cool:

JD

20. WDB

WDB New Member

The single pistol I own that makes me grin every time I shoot it is a 1955 S&W 45 (before it had a model number). It isn't a carry pistol, looks like most of the S&W wheel guns so nothing special, it shows the wear of time. Hard to express it is simply fun to shoot. More than a few pistols in the safe but this one always makes the trip to the range. When I found moon clips for it I was like a kid on Christmas Morning with a new puppy. Who knew $10 spent on moon clips could have that effect.