About damn time

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by CourtJester, Oct 8, 2012.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

Been on the waiting list for a Ruger SR1911 for about two years now. Finally got a call that one hit me on the list. Pisser is that I have since moved from Iowa to Michigan.
    Called them back though and now working on the purchase and shipping to a local FFL.
    Woohhhhoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

2. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Congrats!!! Hubby just picked one up a couple months ago.

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

AWESOME AND CONGRATS!!! It took me 3 times to finally get one. I found one at Gander Mountain, but we were going to Vegas. The next time I was on a waiting list for a few months and decided to buy my G35, but four days later Cabelas calls me about my SR1911 that came in. I had to tell them NO:(:(. Finally the third time was just 2 months ago when we were buying ZG an AR. I was looking around when she was buying her AR and I decided to ask if they had a SR1911 and they said "YES". That day we came home with an Stag model 3 and my SR1911. You will love the Ruger, it is freaking AWESOME!!!!

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Hope it was worth the wait- locals say no :(

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Iowa to Michigan ewww no thanks...lol j/k Congrats.

6. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Congrats!

It's certainly on my wishlist.

7. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

This the Ruger 1911 they came out with at the anniversary? What's the big deal!?

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Big deal? Don't know- Nuther maker made a 1911:rolleyes:
    Nothing special about it from what i've seen-

9. CourtJester

I don't know myself really. Heard all good things about it though. To be honest, I've waited so long it'll probably sit in the box untouched for the next 5 years. I may pull it out and molest it in the basement a few times a year but that'll be about it.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Didn't mean to down it- From what i hear from a few i know its a great 1911 - Just sayin its a nuther 1911 :eek:

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Why did you wait so long? Does IA have strict gun laws?

12. CourtJester

No availability. Not found one for sale locally at all.

13. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

They are hard to come by for us cornbread folks :D

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I've been on the list at Scheels in Iowa City for 18 months.

15. CourtJester

Same here. Scheels in Waterloo Iowa. Talked to the manager yesterday and he said they just started getting 1 to 2 a month but not sure how long it'll last.
    Hit up your local store your on the list with and make sure you're still on the list. He said 50% of the folks on the list weren't up for the purchase right now.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

OK, I have wanted a 1911 for a long time, and Ruger coming out with their version made me desire one a bit more (if that is possible). So, are there any dislikes about it from those of you who have gotten one? I still don't have the cash, but I would like to know what the upsides and downsides are. Do they accept all of the various accessories available for other makers? Are they easily modified and where do they need to be made?

17. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Fathead likes his. My magazines for my Remington R1 1911 fit in his Ruger and vice versa. No complaints here.

18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

News man just reported that early voting in Iowa is going Obama. I can see why you moved.:rolleyes:

19. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Molest it? I think you just admitted online you have a .45 caliber weiner lol

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Are you kidding? I'd take that firearm to the range and show it who's boss. :D