ABC's 20/20 on guns

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MrKimber, Apr 11, 2009.

1. MrKimber

MrKimber New Member

I don't know how many of you had the missfortune of watching 20/20's stupid propaganda on guns but if you didn't, don't. It was such a discusting bunch of miss-information I wanted to puke. Of course they had to push the "bad" gun show stuff but then they gave a guy $5000 to go buy them guns. Um, isn't that illegal? Something about "straw purchase"? Well, the first gun they purchased was from a guy in the parking lot. Um, not from a gun show !!!! Then the stats, what a bunch of crap. They said something like 60,000 children will get killed by guns this year. Um, thats 164 a day. Sorry, I think we would be hearing about 164 kids a day being killed by guns. If you get a chance go to the 20/20 web site and check out the blogs. 99% of them are telling ABC to stick it! Email them a bad letter while your there. Sorry, I am so wound up by the thing I had to vent some steam (too dark right now to go shoot somehting).

2. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

The child death rate my be a world-wide stat? Take into account the genocide of many nations and it seems more plausible.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You watch 20/20?

Ban him!

j/k ;)

4. MrKimber

MrKimber New Member

Yes I watched 20/20 when a friend of mine called and told me what a piece fo crap it was. So, I turned it on and watched so I could gather "ammo" that I could use against them. (of course now I kind of want to ban myself) Dang it...I hate it when that happens!! :rolleyes:

5. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

They are airing another segment SUNDAY night...

What a bunch of CRAP! It's just part of the liberal movement to soc!alize our land.

6. Spanz

Spanz New Member

It is a real shame that you can not find a balance view on the TV anymore on pretty much ANY topic.

I do not understand why someone like FOX news does not do a 1 hour special on guns in America. They MAYBE are the only ones that would fairly present both sides of the issue.

It IS a debate that should be going on. We have certain rights as American citizens. However, the Heller decision stated that "reasonable" laws can be enacted. Well, what is "reasonable" to Nancy Pelosi is not going to be "reasonable" to you and me! The political system is going to have to wade thru all this, and ABC news clearly trying to ramrod their distorted views onto America is, personally, disgusting.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Everyone needs to point out the straw purchase fact. I am sorry but someone needs to report them to the ATF. I may just do that.

I urge everyone here to start an email campign to the ATF to bring the mighty liberals to justice.

eps@atf.gov

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Lets exercise our FIRST amendment rights. :) Here's how:

Step 1- write down the names of the sponsors of this POS-
    Step 2- let them know how disappointed you are that they are contributing FINANCIALLY the the support of such unbalanced, inaccurate, biased reporting, and will have to consider whether YOU wish to continue financially supporting THEIR companies.

Sponsors:

Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. – Abilify
    Rockville, MD 20850 USA
    (301) 990-0030 phone
    (800) 562-3974 toll free
    (301) 212-8647 fax
    Mark Altmeyer - President & Chief Executive Officer

PetSmart, Inc.
    19601 North 27th Avenue
    Phoenix, AZ 85027
    Phone: (623) 580-6100
    Philip L. Francis - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Apple
    1 Infinite Loop
    Cupertino, CA 95014
    408-996-1010
    CEO - Steve Jobs

GlaxoSmithKline Plc – Nicoderm CQ
    One Franklin Plaza
    PO Box 7929
    Philadelphia PA 19101
    Toll free: 888-825- 5249
    Tel: 215- 751- 4638
    Fax: 919- 315- 3344
    Andrew Witty - Chief Executive Officer

New Line Cinema – division of TimeWarner, Inc.
    Time Warner Inc.
    One Time Warner Center
    New York NY 10019
    212-484-8000
    Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Time Warner - Jeffrey L. Bewkes
    CEO (New Line Cinema) – Bob Shaye

RE/MAX International Inc.
    5075 S. Syracuse Street
    Denver, Co. 80237
    Phone: 303-770-5531
    Fax: 303-796-3599
    Margaret M. Kelly- Chief Executive Officer

Sprint
    6391 Sprint Parkway
    Overland Park KS 66251-4300
    1-800-259-3755
    Dan Hesse - Chief Executive Officer

Novartis Corporation – Reclast
    608 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10020
    212-307-1122
    212-246-0185 (fax)
    Daniel Vasella, M.D. – CEO

H & R Block
    4400 Main Street
    Kansas City, MO 64111
    1(800) 472-5625
    Russ Smyth, President and Chief Executive Officer

Maxide Inc. (insecticides)
    (no address/CEO info found)
    (866) 945-5033

Verizon Communications
    Corporate Headquarters
    140 West Street
    New York, NY 10007
    Telephone: 800-621-9900
    Ivan Seidenberg – CEO
    212-395-1060
    212-719-3349 (fax)
    ivan.g.seidenberg@verizon.com

The Travelers Indemnity Company
    One Tower Square, Hartford, CT 06183
    800-328-2189
    Jay S. Fishman - Chairman & Chief Executive Officer

Transitions Optical, Inc.
    9251 Belcher Road
    Pinellas Park, Florida 33782.
    1-800-533-2081
    Rick Elias - Chief Executive Officer

Belk Department Stores
    Charlotte NC
    1-866-235-5443
    Thomas M. Belk, Jr. - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Anna’s Linens
    Costa Mesa CA
    Alan Gladstone - CEO
    (866) 266-2728

AT&T Inc.
    Corporate Communications
    208 S. Akard St.
    Dallas, TX 75202.
    908-221-4191
    Randall L. Stephenson, chairman and chief executive officer
    Kohl's Department Stores
    N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive
    Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
    Phone: (262) 703-7000
    Kevin Mansell – CEO

Unilever Brands, Inc. – Dove
    800 Sylvan Ave.
    Englewood Cliffs
    New Jersey 07632
    201 894 7760
    201 871 8076 (fax)
    Paul Polman, Chief Executive Officer

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

ATF was in the parking lot with the purchaser and reporter. They said everything was legal, then the guns were turned in to the police.

This was a monumental piece of crap, with the exception of the classroom shooting drills.

Experienced shooters are apparently people who go to the local range. None had a concept of cover, movement, or target acquisition. They knew how to fire a gun, and that's it.

I'm not knocking the test subjects. I think this clearly shows a need for a chain of nationwide defensive shooting academys. I think affordable and convenient training should be available to everyone, and I think it should be worked into the porkulous package.

10. cbw

cbw New Member

I made a point to watch this show, just to see what kind of twist they would put on guns and gun ownership. In the opening section they made a statement that they were NOT going to try to sway any ones opinion, just provide fact. Well that opening lie was a whopper! This was the most anti-gun show I have ever seen. Besides constantly bring up all the shootings of late, they showed their total ignorance of weapons by showing children finding guns and pointing them at their own heads and their playmates. This is the most dangerous type of journalism we allow in our country. No warnings to parents that they are going to show scenes that SHOULD NOT BE VIEWED by children, as we all know they tend to mock behavior they see on TV.

Many of the sections with teenagers and small children handing handguns made me sick to my stomach and yell at the TV from my chair. Stupid teenage boys looking down the barrel of a revolver to see if it was loaded! Maybe it was suppose to be a representation of future Darwin Award winners. Perhaps we need to have gun education in our schools, I'm not saying shooting them, but a general education about them.

They claimed that they showed a NRA cartoon film on gun safety to the little kids (4-7 years old I guess) and then set them up to find guns in there toy boxes. Well guess what, yeah they picked them up and aimed them at each other. 20/20 used this to show how ineffective the film was.

This was really sad and totally anti gun all the way.....

11. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

well, duh... If it only took a 4-7 minute film to learn something, I'd be doing some pretty nice home gunsmithing in about 8 minutes from now. I don't plan to show my boys a simple video and assume they know everything to keep them safe around firearms.

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Since ABC came up with SchoolHouse Rock, and we all know that conjunctions hook up words, phrases and clauses, why don't they produce a cartoon that does better?

If you show a kid a video on rattlesnakes, stick one in a box that's supposed to be full of toys, odds are good curiosity is gonna kick in.

Stop b******g, ABC. You obviously can do better than Eddie Eagle, so save a kid and do it.:rolleyes:

13. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

60 Minutes had a slot on tonight about the BHO + $hitty economy = gun buying phenomenon, ammo buying phenomenon, and the 'assault' weapon ban. (can we please get a straight forward effing definition of an 'assault' weapon? Its a bloody gun, its SUPPOSED to look effing intimidating!!!!)

One guy (a brother of one of the people killed @ Virginia Tech) and a girl who was wounded in @ VT have teamed up to lobby for, you guessed it, more gun control. I was especially fond of his comment about buying guns at a gun show....(paraphrased from show)

"I went in and just bought guns. No one asked to see my license. I don't have a gun license. When they did, I refused. Then they just said if I paid them an extra 15 bucks they'd sell me a gun. (heres the funny part) One of the guns was a Glock, which is a much more powerful gun than what <insert VT shooter's name> used at Virginia Tech".....

Then I got into a discussion with my girlfriends mom that the general population cannot just go buy a fully-automatic weapon at a gun show w/o being a class III......

btw, after a little hiatus from the interwebz, its nice to be back everyone :)

14. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched the 20/20 special on guns. It outraged me. I wrote a blog on this topic. I knew this would be a hot topic on many forums so I figured I would post a little bit of my blog for you guys to read...

20/20 Shoots Blanks

Serious flaws were present with the 20/20 show aired last Friday, April 10, 2009. This episode was focused on showing the error of private citizens owning guns. It made a case for the fact that individuals don’t shoot effectively when they are under stress, that children and even teenagers aren’t properly trained to avoid guns, and that gun shows are ideal locations for criminals to buy guns. Let’s go over their fallacies bit by bit.

1) “Individuals don’t shoot effectively when they are under stress”: In actuality this is 100% true....

if you want to keep reading go to http://www.womenofcaliber.wordpress.com