Abbreviations?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BelRockRebel, Dec 18, 2011.

1. BelRockRebel

BelRockRebel New Member

Is there a thread of common abbreviations that are used on this forum? Would be really helpful to those of us that are new!

2. BelRockRebel

BelRockRebel New Member

Nevermind, I found it.

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

What annoys me is that people use these "abbreviations" expecting everybody knows what they mean. Personally I try to define my abbreviation but perhaps I am an abrogation.

(OK, this is a fast and loose use of the language, I won't apologize!)

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I also hate it when people have the nerve to get mad when you don't catch on to an abbreviation. That's just stupid. Like getting mad when someone who's never baked a cake doesn't know how many eggs to use.

For one thing it's just a ridiculously petty thing to get mad about. Life is bigger than that.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Dad- agree on texting and computerspeak- but 45 ACP, S&W, 45 GAP and 357 JHP rarely get spelled out on a gun forum.

But as Robin Williams said- "Keep it on the QT- If the VC abduct the VP, he'll be MIA, and we'll all be put on KP"

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I still have that movie somewhere.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Dan- few years back, my lady gave me a CD- "Vietnam- A Musical Perspective" Had an EARLY morning drive up to Baltimore airport- driving up 95, Oh-Dark thirty, nothing on radio but Art Bell and whackos- remembered CD. Popped it in player, long pause, and "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING, VIETNAM !!!!!"

Not the movie- the REAL Adrian Kroneaur was the narrator for all the tracks on that CD. Talk about flashback!

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Who said I was hating? I said I find it annoying. This is easily remedied by not reading annoying posts with Text-isms in it that I don't understand.

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Is that what the OP (that would mean the Original Poster) meant by "abbreviations?"

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Let me rephrase then, "I hate it when..."

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Hey, no problem. I wasn't mad or anything......