A2 rifle stock or Collasible stock?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by BCMjUnKiE, Mar 18, 2012.

1. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Have a BCM 20" and currently have a Vltor Clubfoot collapsible stock. I was thinking of switching to an A2 rifle stock.
    What do you think?
    It's personal preference I know.

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Do an A5 build.

3. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Best of both worlds supposedly, right.

5. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

K now you've sparked my curiosity, is there a major issue with the A5 setup?

6. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Collapsable stocks are fun but I prefer a fixed stock. I have a magpul prs stock that I love:)

7. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Personally, I would only put the fixed stock on if I were going to sell it. My arms are kinda short, so a collapsable stock really is handy for me.

8. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Bcm 20" A5

Attached Files:

9. oldpapps

oldpapps New Member

Are you not pleased with the current stock? Why?

My view... A fixed solid A2 stock is consistent. It has a fix memory for me. You have a 20 inch barrel, so it would be, for me, just a tad more 'on target' without thought.

Combine a shorter barrel (16 inch maybe) with a collapsible stock for greater maneuverability in tight places or just carrying about. The loss of 4 inches or so, in barrel is very little velocity in the grander view and most use optics, so irons will not suffer from the shorter sighting radius.

My preference is to have multiple weapons to meet all needs. I would leave what you have on it unless you are having a problem with it. Buy/build a shortie and move the current stock to it and stick an A2 on the existing at the time.

I have both and like both types for their use.

10. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

BCM, is that a Team America World Police avatar?

11. InDefenseofLiberty

InDefenseofLiberty New Member

I like the collapsible stock since a longer gun can be used for entry/clearing buildings since accuracy is not going to be so important as it is farther out. The farther I reach with it the longer the stock gets. All my AR's have always had collapsible stocks. Just my preference. I don't like guns that are only built for one purpose, I like a gun to be functional for many applications.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Thomas Jefferson

12. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Why yes it is:)

13. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

I have several SBR's and SBS's.
    This is my only rifle that has a barrel longer than 10.3 & 11.
    I like my setup, I was just throwing a thought out their.:)

14. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

Dirka Dirka.

15. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

I had a 20 inch barrel with a collapsable stock once. Worked fine.

16. oldpapps

oldpapps New Member

Mr. KiE,

Sounds like you have the bases covered. I have always thought that Vltor stocks looked solid and inviting, I've never had one.
    With your supply, I don't think I would worry with making any changes of stocks at this time. But that is up to you.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Its purely personal preference, i perfer the collapsible stock because i like to be able to adjust it whenever i wear thicker clothing or a Tac vest

18. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

I was taking a look at the New Troy Battle Ax CQB NAV Stock.