A work in progress

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by priell3, Sep 6, 2011.

1. priell3

priell3 New Member

Remington 597 .22 caliber with 30 round magazine. I added the Tasco AccuDot sight after I picked it up for cheap at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I haven't had it to the range yet to get it dialed in. Installed the bipod tonight. Changes to the stock coming next.

[​IMG]

2. warhawk77

warhawk77 New Member

Very nice, Remington makes a great rifle.

3. roscoguy

roscoguy New Member

What sort of changes are you planning to do to the stock? I just bought a 597 on GunBroker (still waiting for delivery) & would love to know how your project comes out. Keep us posted!

4. priell3

priell3 New Member

Going to change the color of that ugly synthetic stock to something a bit more "tactical".

Probably will float the barrel also. The trigger may need some work too, but won't know until I get out to the range.

5. roscoguy

roscoguy New Member

Looking pretty good! Have you been shooting it yet?
    Mine finally arrived Saturday - bought "lightly used" from GunBroker. I've just been polishing & adjusting, no real mod's. Hope to get to the range late this week. Probably should have tried it "as is" first so that I could tell what (if anything) I've accomplished, but I can't keep my hands out of anything mechanical these days. :D

6. priell3

priell3 New Member

I have shot it in the past but not since adding the site and making some internal adjustments and polishing.