a two-fer thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ColtFellow, Dec 2, 2020.

1. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Active Member

Number One: My grandfather once said there was a lot of goofy stuff in Britain and I believe he was right. American here. Damn Yankee.

1. driving on the wrong side of the road
    2. having a queen
    3. iron-fisted gun control
    4. excessively narrow city streets
    5. pollution of the Thames River
    6. bagpipe men in plaid skirts
    7. perverse and even nonsensical song lyrics in pop/rock music, check out some of that early stuff by David Bowie and Jethro Tull and see what I mean, check out The Walrus by The Beatles
    8. those wild Elton John glasses, spectacles
    9. income tax rates that are medieval, wicked, barbaric and cruel , even George Harrison sang a song detesting it
    10. anti-Catholic sentiment

Number Two:Walmart is the chits. I went in there last Saturday night an hour before closing. This was the Neighborhood store in Lawton, Oklahoma. I had a cartload of stuff and was too lazy to use the self-checkout. I could only see one person, a fat young fair-complexioned woman in glasses, working one of the checkstands but she put a closed sign on her counter. I asked her if there was a "human being" that could ring me up. She said, "You mean a cashier?" I said, "Yeah". Then she said no, unless I had a "tax exempt" card which I don't. I then told her I wanted to speak to a manager. Then she said reluctantly that she would ring me up. She did finally ring me up. I told her I expected a live person to be ringing customers up until they shut the store down. She then said usually they did but they didn't anticipate the store's being so slow at that hour so they sent everybody else home. There were still quite a few people shopping in there. I don't mind using self checkout if I have a handful of things as it's usually faster but for a full shopping wagon I want a store worker to ring me up and bag my stuff. A week ago I went to the Walmart Supercenter on QPT here in town and asked the middle-aged fair-complexioned broad there that I was look for a spool of white thread. She said, "What?" I said, you know, that stuff that you put on a needle to sew with. The sewing basket stuff. I use thread for my home hobbies like model airplane building. Then she showed me the aisle where it was. Walmart hires a bunch of mental retards for sure. She doesn't know what THREAD is because women don't sew at home anymore maybe. In another Walmart in CA, I once asked a male worker of sub-Saharan African descent there for Darigold milk. He said do you mean goat milk? then I had to spell the brand name out for him then he showed me chocolate milk in that brand. I said no, white milk and that brand but it turned out they were out of it. I guess this airhead thought I said DAIRY GOAT.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    dango and towboater like this.
  2. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

That is a lot of ridicule for one thread...:eek:
    Are you ridiculing the UK based on your own personal experience, or just regurgitating what your grandfather said? Have you been in a few foreign nations to get a good world view to aide in your assessment?
    In regard Walmart, I suggest you shop elsewhere if you despise their employees so much. Personally, I avoid Walmart; not because of the employees though.

dango and locutus like this.

3. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

Yet the liberals that are on this forum believe these Wally World braintrusts deserve $15 an hour. confused.gif

dango, Txhillbilly, towboater and 2 others like this.
  4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Have to wonder if he's Irish.

dango and JimRau like this.
  5. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Apparently he bases his opinion of a persons competence or intelligence on their skin-color or whether they are overweight.

Wal-Mart is a slice of the community where it's located as they hire locals to work in their stores. It's called "Jobs for those who need them and are willing to come to work on time and do their job!"

ellis

6. locutus

I spent a year in England and came away with a totally different view of the English people.

I felt completely welcome, and "at home" from the moment I stepped off of the plane.

I also happen to like bagpipe music, and I dare this jackass to go to Scotland and call a kilt a skirt.

He would very quickly learn why German soldiers call highlanders "The Ladies From hell."

7. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Active Member

Being that this is a gun forum, I would hope to have gotten sympathy from those who know darn well how anti-gun the UK government is and how much violence still persists in the UK.

8. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Active Member

Unfortunately, Walmart runs a monopoly in my town on groceries. There is a Neighborhood store and two Supercenters here. There is no independent regional supermarket chain (think Kroger, Winn-Dixie, Safeway, WinCo) here as there is in other towns across America I've lived in. There are a few other dinky grocery stores here that have very limited selection, lousy produce and are also prohibitively expensive. I have to go to Target for a couple things but it's much too pricey for everything else. Some cities/counties in America even ban Walmarts. But those are usually high-price cities: San Fransisco is one of them.
    I can't say Walmart has quality workers as did the independent/regional chain supermarkets we had in the 1950's/1960s'/1970's/1980's/1990's/early 2000's. Of course, people in general aren't the same quality anymore either. The human race is about extinct. This is a world now largely of brain-dead zombies. I suspect many babies of newer younger generations were deformed in their mothers' collective wombs from dope or whatever. Many two-legged critters running around these days without the brains God gave a goose. Were they born or hatched? The 21st century is definitely a world freak show.

9. locutus

I'll pray for you!:(

dango and Trunk Monkey like this.
  10. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep. All those precious little Mom&Pop stores everyone is so protective of.

ellis

dango and locutus like this.
  11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Stating that you live in Lawton,OK doesn't make you an IQ winner either!
    That's a one horse town without a horse.

dango likes this.
  12. Mowgli Terry

Mowgli Terry Well-Known Member

Wally World is a wonderment. Here abouts it's hard to find a clerk. Checking out is not complicated. Usually, the person manning the lane has a vacant stare akin to shell shock in the movies.

The nearest WW to me is reported to be the most heavily shoplifted outlet in America. Much drug dealing is done after dark in the parking lot. Their latest claim to fame is having an employee shot and killed in the parking lot. The guy was murdered leaving the store at closing time.

I'm doing more and more business with Amazon. Another WW hires a cop to break up fights during the Christmas sales events. WW here is a poster child for concealed carry. Other WW's are totally different. I'll not search them out.

dango and JTJ like this.
  13. locutus

WW here is a good place to shop. Good service, good selection, good prices and fairly safe parking lots.

dango, JTJ and ellis36 like this.
  14. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Depends partly on the manager of each store, I think. Quality of employees reflects the pool they draw from and local job market. When colleges closed earlier this year, WW wisely put college students to work. Several I know personally were able to put away a bit of money during that time which was greatly appreciated. Young, entergetic, enthusiastic workers were a welcome change from the "Normal" ones that we generally interact with.

Two (brother and sister) were offered better-paying jobs with WW, both have standing offers at the WW's where they go to college to work there during school. Being able to make correct change is apparently a dying art, as is common courtesy.

WW is not Saks 5th avenue, Bass Pro, nor Lowe's. We prefer to order online from Sam's Club, have our stuff delivered to our farm rather than drive 20.5 miles to WW. Free delivery rather than a 41 mile drive to find an empty shelf and the only non-angled parking lot in our area. Then again, where else can one see fat people in pajamas walking around.

dango, JTJ and ellis36 like this.
  15. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Spammers do spammer things

dango likes this.
  16. Notrighty

Notrighty Well-Known Member

Good Lord I thought I was the only one in the world who couldn’t find a WalMart employee who knew what they were doing there. Ask them a question and they say they will be right back and then they go hide in the back room till you give up and leave. I would give them 15 dollars an hour if they just tell me they can’t help me I’m wasting my time.

dango and Trunk Monkey like this.
  17. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Active Member

You can't usually buy groceries and perishables on amazon.com. Suffice it to say, I religiously pack a piece while Wally World shopping. It heightens my peace of mind. It is inspired by the El Paso incident in 2019.

towboater and dango like this.
  18. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Active Member

I did like the WW's in Boise, ID much better. The floors were actually so clean on those you could eat off them. The Target in Lawton, OK looks immaculate inside but those three Wallys look pure "hood". They won't pay full-time janitors. Wally has a ghetto image in some parts.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  19. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Active Member

Depends on your city and state. Lawton, OK is not exactly the crown jewel of American cities but the Target store here surprisingly shines over all the rest.

Oklahoma is the 9th poorest state in the Union with Mississippi at the bottom of the barrel at number 1. Georgia, Arkansas, Kansas, Indiana and Missouri are way down there too. It's odd. Quite ironic. A "minority" guy in the army once told me he was "too poor to vote Republican" but the most expensive US states and cities to live in are the blue Demo states and cities. They are also the most anti-gun. So much for the Democrats as the "party of the poor".

dango likes this.
  20. Mowgli Terry

Mowgli Terry Well-Known Member

There is a homeless camp near the WW I described earlier. Mainly harmless, these people are in the parking lot and about the outside of the store. Their presence frightens prospective customers. A family member will go into a Georgia WW with none of these problems plus cheaper sales tax. The nearest WW is a sum of all the bad things about the chain. Ordering online keeps me away from the Super Spreaders locations etc.