A TUFF Day In Tennessee Today!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sniper03, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

For those of you who love your pets you will understand why today and for some days to follow they are going to be TUFF!
    I make no bones about it! I like most animals more than I like a lot of people and especially pets! With a tear in my wife's and my eyes!
    Today the family lost one of our family and best friends Tiger our cat. We found Tiger when he was all of 6" tall and was not even big enough to hardly eat normal food at a dump in Tennesse. He was the most beautiful tiger striped little kitten I had ever seen. And could set in my hand. But I justified taking him from the dump with intention to find him a home. So we loaded him into the truck. I went to the Burkesvlle, KY. IGA store on the way home to attempt to find him a good home. But no takers there! So off to the Shell Station at Cave City where I just knew I could find someone who would love such a beautiful little kitten. But no luck! As of today he now had been a part of our family for 18 1/2 years. He was part of the family. However three weeks ago he had a stroke and began to loose coordination in his back legs. Then in the past two weeks lost all control of his rear legs. Last week he became deaf and it was starting to effect his vision and he became unaware of where he was and scared. Yes, this morning we had to take our beloved pet, family memeber and friend to the vet for his last trip. We were blessed to have him in our family for the 18+ years and he will be missed! His spirit and shadows will fill the hallway for a long time to come. For some it is hard to believe that pets like Tiger can play such a large part in our life. "Tiger" God Bless You my Little Friend! And thanks for being in our life!:) Tiger passed at 10:50am this morning.

Attached Files:

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Danggit, you are making my eyes runny. We have two pound kitties that have been in the family for eight years come January, I do not look forward to the day they are not prowling our home.

Sorry for your loss.

3. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

So sorry for your loss...
    18 is a long life, though, and your eulogy is a touching testament to the joy pets can bring to a loving family.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

4. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

My boys don't understand why I won't pay much attention to their cats. We've lost so many cats to sickness, road hits, coyotes I just don't want to be close to them anymore. Very sorry for your loss.

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Very sad to hear. At least he went "Across the Rainbow Bridge" with Dignity. You were a good family to him. GD bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

6. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

You and your wife's lives are better because Tiger was in it and obviously Tiger's life was much better because of you and your wife. God bless you all.

7. 25-5

25-5 New Member

So sorry for your family's loss 03.
    Get your a$$ back to the dump. Though definitely not a cure, it will help.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Sorry for you loss. You are so lucky to have had Tiger in your life for so long. Cats can be a great comfort. Thank you for taking such loving care of Tiger.

9. Sniper03

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments and thoughts!
    And "God Bless you all"!

10. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My condolences to you and your family!!!!

11. gvw3

gvw3 New Member

Sorry for your loss. I am a dog guy myself. My boys are getting old also. I konw that day will come for them and I don't want to think about it.

12. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I feel for you and your family for your loss. Cats have personality, and a good one brings much happiness. Sad is losing one. :(

13. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Cats can be very special little buddies. I am truly sorry for your loss.

14. Sniper03

GVW,

I am mostly a dog guy as well! But after we rescued Tiger when he was a few weeks old and could not give him away. He grew on me as well! I don't think he ever knew he was a cat since we have always had dogs. We presently have a Labrador and a Miniture Pinscher. Tiger had broken in two Labradors since we lost Angel the yellow lab 8 years ago and now have Baby Girl 85# another yellow lab. It was halareous! Once in a while about every two months he would go around the house to remind the dogs that he had seniority and was "TOP DOG" "so to speak" here at the house and the dogs whould run from him! He acted more like a dog than a cat. He wagged his tail when he was happy and would come to calling him. He also was the first at the door when we would return home since we always bring them all back a little treat when we go out to eat. He would also go to the door when the dogs barked to see who might be coming. He will be deeply missed in our family. But I still remember the Rainbow Bridge! God has to have a special place for our loving pets! Thanks to all for your kind thoughts!
    Just thought I would throw in a picture of our lab and min-pin for you dog lovers.

Attached Files:

15. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Sorry !...........