A tricked out Ruger "Takedown" rifle

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by HotGuns, May 4, 2013.

1. HotGuns

HotGuns Member

I got a Ruger "Takedown" .22 and decided I'd like it better with a folding stock. I put an AGP on it and threaded the barrel for a suppressor. Then I figured it'd be better with the barrel shortened and with the suppressor on it it would be no longer than the original length, so I SBR'ed it. To keep it packable, I put QD mounts on it and it uses a Nikon scope. The whole thing assembles/disassembles in less than a minute and it surprisingly accurate for a takedown rifle. With the Huntertown Arms Guardian suppressor, its pretty quiet.

This could be the ultimate backpacker/bugout/4 wheeler setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The whole thing.
    [​IMG]

Yeah...its a registered SBR. with a 9.5 " barrel.

2. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

Fun, cool even, but still a .22 LR. And now a pistol at that.

Why is scope so far off the barrel? I keep seeing this these days. What happened to slipping a dollar bill under the bell to make sure it wasn't actually touching (helping ensure a proper cheekweld)!?

Last edited: May 4, 2013

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

everybody has a different cheekweld to the rifle in relation to the scope. and the brand of scope can make some difference as well.

4. HotGuns

HotGuns Member

If you look at that back sight, you'll see that it doesn't lack much before it touches that scope. That's about as low as it could go.

5. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I don't see a front sight so why keep the rear sight?

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Is that some sort of a front sight on top of the barrel band?

7. HotGuns

HotGuns Member

No. I am seriously considering mounting a front sight on the gun though. I think a rifle like this should have some iron sights.