A-Team movie.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Jun 15, 2010.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I've seen several trailers, and they have some money stars in this. Also, is that Rampage as B.A.? I believe so. I was never a big fan of The A-Team as they were not written very well and actual damage was minimal because it was written for prime time. What do you all think?

(sorry if this is a rehash)

2. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I have seen it twice and I absutely adore it. If you like comedies and movies like Mission Impossible then this movie is the one for you.

I think A-Team has good like-able characters, a nice plot with some cool twists, good action and a lot comedy (think Pirates of the Caribbean).

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Yes its Rampage and yes I want to see it.

4. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I don't think I wanna see that. I wasn't a fan of it growing up. If yall see it and say it is good I might try and watch it maybe:D

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

But are the characters anything like their television show counterparts? Oh, wait, that show is older than you are. I'm not saying anything, but I'm just saying.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

There is one 1 B.A. and that is Mr. T. The movie is going to be an obamanation just like 99.99% of all remakes. Really flying a effing take WTF is that crap. I understand it is Hollywood but still...

7. lkd

lkd New Member

I'm guessing you haven't seen the new movie then. It's really quite enjoyable! Frankly, I like the new BA more than Mr T.

And I'm 48, so I remember the old shows too ;)

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Thats you.

I am sick of people remaking everything and making is STUPID or just douchetastic. So I will wait till it is on netflix in about ohhh 6 weeks.

9. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I have never watched the original. I watch things like MASH, Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligans Island and Family Guy.

Anyways, the problem with movies remakes of books and old shows is that there was a whole lot of developement put into the characters over the course of a lot of material.
    A movie has less time to tell the story. So they have to change things to make characters less complex.

And BTW, I do plan on watching the original this weekend just to see what it is like because I am curious if the characters are the same in the movie as they are in the series.
    My parents said that they thought it was pretty close and that they done good with Murdock and BA constantly fighting.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I want to see it, but won't pay movie theater prices to do so. I'll rent it at Blockbuster.

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Miami Vice-fail

Rollerball-fail

Nightmare on Elm Street-fail

Planet of the Apes-fail

Starsky and Hutch-fail

The A-Team- This was a show where a Special Forces group couldn't hit a barn with auto fire from 10 feet away, where a madman escaped from a mental hospital every week, where there was always one car that did the ramp roll thing, and nobody ever really got hurt.

The only thing that kept it on the air was it's charm. You liked these guys.

Is nobody in Hollywood capable of an original thought?

12. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

I saw the movie and I definitely think it is worth seeing at least once. It's just hard to say because everyone has different definitions of what makes a movie good. There is plenty of action for every one and unlike the original series (yes I'm young but thank the Lord for the miracle of reruns) they do hit their targets this time. I would have to say that they kept the characters pretty true to who they were in the series, of course there will always be some differences but I thought they were rather minimal. I agree with whoever said that they thought Rampage was better than the original Mr.T. IMHO.

13. lkd

lkd New Member

Their bickering is hilarious. The dialog between BA and Murdock about how Murdock made poor BA, an Airborne Ranger, afraid of flying is perfect.

14. jbd

jbd New Member

I for one will watch it when it comes out on dvd. Im 35 and was a huge fan as kid and yes I know they didnt hit crap but I loved it so I have to see it.