Firearms Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions or reviews of a good quality yet not entirely expensive "tactical light"? Not sure if that's the proper terminology

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks! Thats perfect
Don’t over tighten it(TLR3), they are known for breaking off the ear that hooks the rail. The TLR1s on the the other hand are rock solid

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I have tlr1, its good. Strong material and not plastic polymer made. Best feature is the quick detach. Light is bright, bluish white color.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Ive still got the old Streamlight M3 light, its alright for a halogen light.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had the TLR-1 for about 2 yrs now and that things awsome, very tough and bright. I seem to replace the battery about every 10 to 12 months with medium to low usage. Handles the recoil on my G23 & G19 with no problems. Worth $100 in my book :)

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
CaptRickHiott said:
Remember,,,Check the price of the batteries before you buy a light.....................
You can get the Surefire lithium 12 packs at lapolicegear.com for $21.38 a box... Thats a good price,ive got 4 boxes myself

Battery_12pack2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I've got a Sig STL-900L laser/light with strobe. Good light, cost me less than $100. I keep it on my nightstand gun. They're tough to find for that price, and a lot of places are asking $200+ for them. I don't think I'd pay that for any light.

Unless it's purely for a HD/nightstand type of gun, I prefer to keep the light separate from the gun and generally dislike any rail-mounted contraptions. Costco has 3-packs of 200 lumen "tactical" flashlights for like $15-20. They're very good little lights.

My nightstand setup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts