A Springfield Long Slide & A Range Officer

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by billt, Oct 10, 2011.

1. billt

billt New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I picked up this pair at a local shop here in town that carries some nice stuff. I've had my eye out for a Long Slide Springfield for some time, and Scottsdale Gun Club has them on their web site, but almost never in stock. Springfield doesn't produce a lot of them, and they tend to go fast when they come in.

This gun points beautifully, and the fit and finish is superb. The gun has a nice thick, bull barrel on it which is considerably thicker than other models. It also comes with a ambi safety, and nice adjustable target sights. He had just gotten the Range Officer Model in, and it was the first one I'd ever seen. I had read a few write ups about it, and the gun has been very well received. Anyway we got to haggling, and he made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so both left with me.

I think Springfield makes some of the nicest 1911's out there, and these 2 are really nice. I'll get both of them cranked up later this week. I still got to get to the range with the 2 Mini 14's. Most likely that will be tomorrow.

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Those are really nice weapons brother...congrats on the purchase

3. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Congratulations. My first 1911 was an SA and I would not even think of selling it.

4. billt

billt New Member

They are addicting aren't they? My next one will be the all Stainless Champion. It's Commander sized without the Aluminum frame. It is the only downsized 1911 I would consider at this point.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Champion is good

F4D5D9D68D27752F41DB0BE93965F213.jpg

6. fmj

fmj Active Member

TOO SWEET!! Nice score!!

I LOVE my Springy!!!