A small favor regarding Smart Guns

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by kdog, Feb 22, 2014.

1. kdog

kdog Member

ok guys,

according to a newspaper article, the frist Smart Guns from the german company, I don`t want to say the name, are supposed to be in the shops in the US.

The Model is ip1, it`s but ugly and should cost about $ 1399,- plus another $ 399,- for the watch, that is needed to unlock the firearm and arm it.

Could some of you have alook out, if you can see these peaces of junk in the shops and perhaps ask the shop owners, how the reactions of customers is on that over priced junk?

I would expect to find these electronic peaces of junk in New Jersey or California perhaps, but mainly in NJ, as they have that law on Smart Guns.

So, maybe you could check up on this, because we here in germany are very curious, since the company hasn`t really sold any of their products to customers, only to dealers, that are now trying to get rid of the stuff over online auctions, because nobody has any real interest in the stuff.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

outside of a few, i just can't see any real honest to goodness gun owner being interested in the stupid thing. especially at the price for it. seriously, it's a 22 rimfire. at about $1800 for the gun and watch, i'm not in the least bit interested in the POS. even if it cost only as much as a Hi-point i still wouldn't be interested. it's a solution to a problems of those who might favor gun control and such measures.

IMO, the people who might buy this gun are probably the same who think gun control laws, bans and restrictions are a good idea.

3. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

It sounds like the manufacturer took a bath in Germany and decided, "Hey, I can foist this loss on those morons in New Jersey, USA. They're mandated to support me. Get them to Hamburg, boys! They're going on the boat tomorrow!"

4. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't buy one. I wouldn't retrofit the technology, either.

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

These things are great, according to the left. Why isn't the Secret Service

using them?

6. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

This is how the game is played...once said manufacturer invents the "smart" gun, the next step is to get a progressive state (California is the prime target) to pass legislation requiring the technology...then viola...most other progressive states like IL, NY, MA, NJ etc follows suit....pretty soon, 30%+ of the population now have the dumb technology that is labeled "smart" and the fight is on...we all attempt to move south to TX, TN, AL, OK etc and fight the good fight for our rights. Oddly, I am now much more interested in the history of the Civil war than I used to be.

I have seen the strategy play out (from the inside) in another industry....now I recognize the dance. I often wonder who knows it and who just blindly follows in the name of some righteous and noble cause that is based on a lie...such is crony capitalism at work...such is our current state of affairs.

The company is betting on legislative help because as the OP stated...most normal gun owners would never buy such an absurd weapon...and I once thought people would never buy a battery powered car that would only run 30 minutes either...and for much more than a normal car...just wait till the battery needs to be changed! Or when its time to trade it in! If it wasn't so sad, this would be entertaining. Humans are the only species that can consciously act in their own self destruction.

7. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I expect a profound lack of interest in the product. The name Smart alone should raise a flag. (Unless you drive one, then God bless, get a matching gun)

8. Axxe55

i say they outfit the Secret Service with them first as a test.:p

nope, scratch that. it's our tax dollars that would be buying those expensive pieces of turds!:eek:

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I define the anti gunner smart guns with two words! B! S!
    No body in their right mind is going to buy one. And that is their motive! No one would be able to afford them! = Gun Control! So they can pack em where the sun doesn't shine!
    Any company producing them is not on our side for sure! You guess the side!

10. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I can see California making it mandatory along with microstamping.

Mad mad mad

One
    Big
    Mistake
    America

11. Axxe55

the boat they ship them on here to the US needs to lose it's cargo at sea!

12. kdog

kdog Member

Well thinking logically, I know, logic doesn`t fit in to gun control issues, any gun dealer packing these devices in the shop shelves, supports gun control.

This is the way we fight the company here.
    Any shop, that advertises and sells the products of that company, is subject to a major sh!t storm and nobody will buy anything at those stores, untill the products are sent back to the manufacturer.

Thus worked pretty well.

Little story on this issue.
    According to german gun laws, guns that are inherited are subject to be blocked in a way, that it can`t be fired. This can either be done by making severe unreversible changes to firearm itself or by having the firearm blocked by a certified gunsmith using such a product, like Armatix produces. Cost per block approx. € 200,- or more. We have no info at all, that even a single firearm has been blocked by using one of the blocking systems from that company.
    And the only person, that can unlock the firearm again ist the gunsmith that locked it (better pray, he never dies and closes his shop).
    Also any other product never really found any customers in germany.

But they seem to be supported by governments and are kept alive......otherweise they would have been bankrupt long ago.

So, why notfind the shops, that put the ip1 in the shelves and let them know, what you think, since they seem to support gun control.....?

13. FAS1

FAS1 Member

It will be awesome combined with this :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

14. vincent

vincent New Member

Well, let's do the math here...

$1800, for a poly frame .22?...nope...

It only comes in .22 because anything bigger destroys the electronics...

And we all know that a .22 is an optimal SD round...:rolleyes:

It has a 90% successful firing rate...90% is good enough, right? :rolleyes:

This is the same, tired crap the gun grabbers keep trotting out, over and over. Like the microstamping thing, lets keep pushing for 'technology' that has been proven ineffective at everything except sticking it to good people who deserve better...:mad:

Under equal application of the law, I expect to see the LE, Military, Secret Service, FBI, ATF and all the other 'letter agencies' to welcome this new, 'safe' gun with open arms...:rolleyes:

Ed Markey huh???

Attached Files:

15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Dog,

I agree! I think everyone should pay a visit to their local gun store or sporting goods store and advise the owners or operators if we see one of these anti second amendment focused weapons in their store we will no longer darken the door of their establishement. It is time we took things in hand and take a strong stand against anthing of this sort. We need to take the fight to these idoits imposing things to attack our Second Amendment!
    Like Smart Guns, Stamping Ammunition which would cost the price of ammunition to skyrocket! So it is not about safety at all. It is about control. And Hitler did the same thing in past history! Think about it!
    No more Mr Nice Guy on my end anylonger! And for sure I am not buying into the Liberal Progressive "Political Correct? Cr**p. That is also a planned scheme along with taking away our right to free speech! So Sc** their Smart Guns!

16. kdog

kdog Member

Just because a specific firearm has been authorised for sale in CA, dosn`t mean the shops have to sell them.

Let the shops know that.

17. awahlster

awahlster New Member

Theres a point for you. Sure the thing might be a smart gun BUT is it also setup to microstamp the case? If not then it might not be allowed in CA.

18. kdog

kdog Member

Here is a bit of background information on Armatix, written by Katja Triebel, who runs a gun shop in Berlin, Germany.

It is very interesting and shown very nicely, how this company works and what it does.
    Spread it out and maybe also pass it on to gun dealers, so they can decide, if they really want to support a company like that, by selling their products.

http://www.triebel.de/2011/_Armatix-engl.pdf

19. kdog

kdog Member

Here are some more facts about Armatix.

Feelfree to spread it around to you felow gun owners, gun dealers and shooting ranges.

Attached Files:

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

This type of technology is not new. It was tried many years ago with a magnetic system and a special ring on the shooting hand. Total failure.