A Sad, Sad Day....

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by MaxdogVF213, Jan 2, 2012.

1. MaxdogVF213

MaxdogVF213 New Member

Well today is a day I shall remember for the rest of My life as the worst by far. I have come to this site for a long time reading and enjoying posts by fellow gun owners and lovers but sadly those days are over for Me.. After a Messy divorce from My Ex wife, her cheating on Me while I was in the Navy I sadly come to find out, 6 years later I had a warrent for My arrest in Florida! Seems she bounced checks on My bank acct many years ago and since they were bench warrents and I since moved shortly after divorce and Naval Discharge, they never "Came after Me," Well My Wife and I were on vacation in florida visiting My parents when I was pulled over and arrested, well living in Florida at that time it is a felony to bounce a check, and even though I didnt write the checks, I was the primary on the acct so I was held responsable. Well long story short I was convicted of only one of the 7 check charges and it was a Felony, the rest My lawyer got thrown out due to cercumstances and agreed to pay them to make it go away, but one was with a different judge for some reason, So after 7 months of My lawyer trying to prove I was not there at the time, and did so, the female judge STILL convicted Me with just enough BS that I lost My Gun rights but nothing else, I almost think that was her goal, saw no jail no nothing as I instantly paid everything off but still left Me with a Felony Conviction. I just dont know what to do anymore, your looking at a life long NRA Member that attends local fund raisers for NRA related events, an antique and modern Firearm collector and an all around LIFE TIME LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, and huge lover of Firearms. So now what?? I have to get rid of all My guns? I can no longer protect My family? What The Hell Kind Of Country Has This Become???

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Man my heart goes out to you.

3. Secondhand_Hero

Secondhand_Hero New Member

Why don't you test simple loopholes? 'Sell' your guns to a friend and you should still be in the clear for playtime, just make sure you're not caught alone with one

4. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I would "sell" your collection to a friend and then look into getting a pardon for the felony. Not sure how it works, but worth looking into. I would not recommend possessing a firearm in any way shape of form in the meantime. Getting caught would only compound the problem.

5. MaxdogVF213

MaxdogVF213 New Member

Thanks to all for the ideas and I do have other lawyers looking for options to restore My God Given Constitutional Rights that not only our ancestors but I My Self GLADLY Risked My Life to defend, but it still comes to the most primal reason for owning a Firearm and thats the security of knowing that no matter who or what breaks through My door I can and will defend My family and home with either My last breath or the last round in My Magazine.

Sorry for sounding so dramatic but I have never played the "What do I get for defending our great nation" but damn am I pissed I cant even KEEP what I fought for.

6. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

How is this even possible? Weren't you overseas defending this country when this happened? This is sickening. In the meantime, can you own a crossbow, or a pellet gun? Its better than nothing. But yes, I agree, its terrible that you have lost the rights you have worked so hard to defend. My heart goes out to you.

7. MaxdogVF213

MaxdogVF213 New Member

Think I can own anything still that isnt concidered a "Firearm" Meaning it cant use any kind of "Explosion to propel a projectile" or some stupid terminology like that.
    Isnt it sad that the laws of this contry are so cut and dry when it comes to the opportunity to take away someones "Rights" Seems they are so eager to get the chance to take away a citizens rights and control you to do things their way and their way ONLY.. I mean hell, they have made Me sound like some "Fight the Man" hippy and the sad part is I never paid any attention to this sort of thing before as I never EVER had any desire to do anything that could break the laws of this great nation and jeapardize My right to have My guns and Ofcourse Protect My Family so I was blind to what goes on seemingly everyday in the US if you do the slightest thing wrong.. I am just so confused on what is right and what is wrong anymore....

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you be able to own a black powder revolver? That is not legally a modern firearm. I would look into it. That is a lot of fun.

9. MaxdogVF213

MaxdogVF213 New Member

Well after doing a fast look online I guess I can own a Pre 1899 Antique gun so that is some relief but boy are we talkin some MAJOR coin for a decent Revolver or Rifle of that age.. Have always wanted a nice decorated 1873 Winchester rifle but just the thought of loosing all My Babies, especially My Beautiful Beretta 90-Two that I JUST GOT FOR CHRISTMAS from My wife..

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm pretty sure that repros apply here, do some more checking. It may not be optimal, but look at they're success rate before cartridge firing arms became mainstream.

11. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Pussin Boots......

Now you know why the men in afganistan are fighting the U.S.......Men don't need to do womens work unless he is willing to do so...... The red man of this great country had it made till the whites showed up. Same thing as Africa. The only thing now is that NO BODY WANTS TO WORK AND STILL WANTS TO GET PAID........ $$$$ there goes my New Years resolution......:eek:

12. MaxdogVF213

MaxdogVF213 New Member

Dont think I can own a Reproduction either anymore, cant have the ability to be modernized.. I have a repro of a 1876 New Model Army that fires .38 Special rounds, although is exactly the same as its original, that Im pretty sure I can own, but since it has a new cylinder that can fire modern ammo, Its a no also. And from what I read, possesion of ammo is also a No.. God this is Such BS.. This has totaly deflated My entire everything.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Sorry to hear about this injustice. Black powder (origional or replica) is the way to go though. I believe they are not concidered firearms by the Gov (check with your lawyers). They did have semi autos, bolt actions, ect before 1899 so you can still have a decent collection of guns (not just black powder) (just make sure to use reduced loads). If you need some money for these, concider sueing you exwife for what she has done.

14. MaxdogVF213

MaxdogVF213 New Member

Not sure how that applies to whats bein discussed here and to be honest I do plenty of "Womans Work" around the house to make My wife happy, even after a long day of My work. Is why I got a Beautiful Beretta 90-Two as one of My great Christmas gifts I guess.. :cool:

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Could you imagine the look on some thug's face (not to mention the load he'll drop in his pants) if you were to pull a Walker repro?

16. Secondhand_Hero

Secondhand_Hero New Member

i believe he is right, black powder rifles SHOULD be an exception. You could also look into CO2 powered crossbows. May cost a pretty penny but you could get a semi auto (or possibly fully automatic) CO2 powered crossbow that's right on. And i'd personally rather have a 9mm go through my leg than a 6-8 inch crossbow bolt. Just shootin ideas though. First things first, find someone trustworthy to hold onto your beauties for a while.

17. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Quote un quote

read between the lines.........;)

18. MaxdogVF213

MaxdogVF213 New Member

Well as I said I have a 1876 New Model Army 7 1/2 inch, Im sure it would be a very interesting sight to see some robbers face with that pointed at his sweet spot. Specially since she is loaded with Hornady Critical Defence Hollow points, is cool to see the red tips around the cylinder chambers.

19. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

find your special someone, new wife, kids?, best friend, give them all your guns on a legal transaction.
    and still shoot.
    i never want to get married.

20. MaxdogVF213

MaxdogVF213 New Member

Trying to find out how it works since My wife has no issues and infact has a FOID card.. Can I "sign them over to her?" I mean they wont be "Mine" but will still be "Ours I guess" lol.