I had to say goodbye to a close friend today. Abby, my 3 year old lab\boxer mix, got ahold of a pork chop bone and swallowed it whole. A sharp edge on it tore her esophogus, and there was nothing the vet could do, so we had to put her down. She will be missed by all of us. To all who own dogs on this forum. Watch what bones you give them/ leave where they can get to them. I don't want anybody else to go through what we are feeling now. Knowing it could have been prevented if Trish and I had been paying more attention to what was going on is the worst part. Chop and chicken bones are a no go. Beef leg bones are safe. Don't let this happen to your pet. Kevin.