A Ruger value meal.....

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by gwb8568, Jul 6, 2012.

1. gwb8568

gwb8568 New Member

.....I already own a SR40 (stainless slide) and it looks like Saturday I'll be picking up a few more Rugers to add to the collection/family. Shortly, I'll be the new owner of a couple used ones: a LC9 and a P95 (stainless slide). Actually, the P95 is really called a P95DC. I don't know exactly what that is, but from what I have searched up so far is that it's an older model and DC stands for de-cocker. I need to do some more homework on it though for sure.

I've done a bunch of studying on the site about these two in the past and have heard almost nothing but positive things about them. So when I came across the ad the other day, I thought it was kind of cool to find them both for sale by the same person. I asked him about a "package" deal if I took both of them off his hands and after a few e-mails, we agreed on a price ($580).

Just thought I'd share (my first thread besides my introduction) with some of my new-found friends and see if anybody think it's a pretty killer deal like I do......or if there is anything else that may need to be brought to my attention about it. Thanks for reading.

http://www.texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=215697

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

The DC does indeed stand for De Cocker -
    Hard to beat them Rugers---

3. gwb8568

gwb8568 New Member

Thank you Sir Hoss, can't wait to pick 'em up.

I'm guessing it's not The Deal Of The Century (or anywhere close) like I had thought it may be.......they're not flocking in by the dozens to comment, are they? With 50+ views and only your post, I guess I'll just pick them up quietly and shuffle about my way. :eek: :D

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If I was in the market I would :)
    The little LC9 is pretty popular these days- The P95 will last a loooong time & still have a following.

5. marc29th

marc29th New Member

That's not a bad price for two used Rugers. I have got the LC9 and carry it most days and an "old" P85Mk II that is the predecessor to the P95, still shooting great almost 20 years since I bought it used.

6. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

These look great from the pics... Pretty decent price too. Tell him to keep the sharp knife out of the trigger!! :) .. Sorry had to.. Good luck with them!

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Pick up one of the 30 round mags for the P95 for some hellacious plinking fun. :D

8. gwb8568

gwb8568 New Member

Thanks for the comments, it helps us newer folks a lot to know that our searching/studying/learning pays off when we make a decision like this.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

It truly does pay to spend sum time instead of money :cool:
    Sides- everybody knows us Texicans are "thrifty" :p

10. davva360

davva360 New Member

I shot an SR9C today and was very impressed. It will be my next purchase. I love the versatility it provides and it shoots very nice. Great trigger.

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Had one for about 2 yrs- EXCELLANT weapon :cool:
    Well, I had it about 3 days then the wife took it :( :D

[​IMG]