A Revolation About The Online Gun Community

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Olympus, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Maybe I've just become jaded to the online gun community or maybe I've just been grouchy lately but as I sit here reading threads on various gun forums, I've come to realize that a large part of the online gun community seems to be worried about running out of things to worry about. Most topics have been beaten and chewed to death it seems. So is it me or are other people seeing the increase in threads arguing semantics and philosophical what-ifs to a point of being ridiculous?

Threads like "Is the 686+ strong enough to handle full house loads?" - Nope. S&W just took a gamble on introducing that model and they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to revolver design. Better hurry up and buy one before somebody experiences a KABOOM and they discontinue the model.

Or threads like "What happens to the value of classic guns when the old people die and the polymer generation reaches retirement age?" - I have no idea. My guns are for enjoyment, worry about your 401K value instead. You'll likely be in the afterlife by then and I would assume worldly possessions and monetary value will be of little concern to you anyway.

Am I the only one that is annoyed by this? I love talking about guns, but dang. There comes a point when it all gets a little bit too much. Ok, rant off. Flame away if necessary.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Still better than facebook. Lol

3. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I hoping that they arnt worth anything... That way I can buy that old beat-up gun for cheap that their great-granddad picked up during the war, and they can get whatever new "fancy smanchy" plastic gun they want... ;):p

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No flame here- Very tired of the same PLUS -----Well, childish off topic remarks from several fairly new members recently who obviously know spit about anything firearm related - Why some are here really escapes me---
    I'm done now too--

5. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 New Member

Its just like everything else in life there are always ppl that like to irritate others

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

7. vincent

vincent New Member

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I love magic! :D

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have noticed an outbreak in threads gone south by altercations lately,ALOT more than usual. Theres been so many ive almost issued myself a timeout just to get some fresh air.

10. vincent

vincent New Member

The trolls are out early this season...;)

Lock n load boys...:cool:

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

As have I. Frankly, I'm getting kind of pissed. It's worse than someone coming into your house with muddy shoes on and propping their feet on the table.

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I have noticed a few regular offenders. Some of them also have very good input at other times. I usually just avoid the confrontation.

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Yessir it is, i try and make it point to get along with everyone on here, i succeed for the most part,but there are a few that just make it difficult.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

In the words of Rodney King..........

Yes, we are going to get asked the same question a lot of times by a lot of people- afraid that is the nature of the beast. How many times will I be asked about firing slugs out of a modified barrel, and what can't I rechamber my Jennings to .22 magnum?;)

Those questions are important to somebody. No reason to get my panties in a twist over someone asking. As far as things to worry about- my blood glucose meter provides enough of that these days.

I really do enjoy the "When was..." and "Where was...." and "Where can I find a ....." sort of thing. Also enjoy the folks that contribute info I may not have had, or a source of good info in a particular field. Can do just fine without the folks that tell me I will have to list my guns on my tax return, and primers will have a deactivating time limit.

Everybody needs to remember- it's only the internet. It does not leave bruises. Next year, few people will remember. You like one thing, I like another. That is why there is McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell- bourbon, scotch, Bud and Yuengling. Just because it is not my flavor does not mean it's bad.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

He mentioned yuengling. My favorite. Anyone know where I can find some in Louisiana?

17. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

I'm sorry if I've bothered anyone but that's the point of forums, for students or those less savvy to ask questions, while those who are more advanced sometimes answer them or create stickies with a thorough write up, firearms are not my forte...yet. I've been around them but just within the last few years my interest has re-sparked. I'm a Computer Tech who's very well versed with *Unix servers, if someone here asked a question about setting up a dual boot mac book or why stupid Citrix log in isn't authenticating, this is something I've repeated 1,000 times but it's my trade, think about the auto mechanic who's asked "When you turn over the key, do you hear the fuel pump kick in?" 1,000 times, if he doesn't want to explain how a fuel pump works on the internet then I'd suggest he not visit fordforums.org support section too much.

18. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I agree, I always want to try to help people out. It just seems like there have been a whole of people arguing semantics about things that really insignificant or philosophical questions that are borderline absurd. I mean is the average person really going to ever going to wear out a GP100 or S&W 686? Heck no! So what does it matter which one is "heftier"? Either will likely last our entire life, so in the big scheme of things what does it really matter? Or threads like whether you would trust your life to a 1911 or not. Threads like those are the ones I was referring to. I enjoy helping people learn more about their guns and answer questions, but sometimes it just gets to be a little too much.

19. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

what is with the bugs?

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Drugstore.

On the shelf with the other things used to cure athlete's foot.

:p