A Really Big Negligent Shot

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by Rentacop, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

Pa. man fires cannon, hits neighbor's house - Yahoo! News

UNIONTOWN, Pa. – A Pennsylvania history buff who recreates firearms from old wars accidentally fired a 2-pound cannonball through the wall of his neighbor's home. William Maser, 54, fired a cannonball Wednesday evening outside his home in Georges Township that ricocheted and hit a house 400 yards away. The cannonball, about two inches in diameter, smashed through a window and a wall before landing in a closet. Authorities said nobody was hurt.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Idiots are born every minute.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Accidental discharge? Negligent discharge? Or just another fool? I'm putting my money on ND and fool for all the money.

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

The scene was probably similar to F Troop. The fuse probably went out and he kicked the canon wheel and the wheel fell of, causing the canon to fall and to fire in a different direction, hitting the neighbor's house. :D :rolleyes:

Jack

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

LOL - F-Troop! Just had a visual of that scene...

6. layton

layton New Member

Well as I was always told, ACCIDENTS DON'T JUST HAPPEN! Some one has to iniiate the said accident.

Layton

7. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

Can you top that shot ? Sadly enough, we can :
    Link : Russian Warship Attacks Russian Village - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty © 2009
    5/29/09
    From Radio Liberty :
    Here's one from the "oops" department.

A Russian antisubmarine warship participating in military exercises in the Gulf of Finland accidentally fired a salvo of missiles into the village of Pesochnoye, near St. Petersburg.

Russian news agencies cited a Russian Navy spokesman as saying that a total of 10 missiles were accidentally fired at the village. Remarkably nobody was injured and the only damage was a broken car window.

8. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Maybe we dont need to worry about the Russians after all :eek:

9. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Having met the Russian Navy, I can assure you that the most amazing aspect of this story is that the missiles actually worked.
    As for the cannon-cocker, he needs to go directly to jail. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.00.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Watched a battery of M109a6 Palidin Howitzers get turned backwards at Ft. Hood and start loobing LIVE 155mm rounds off post in to a guys back yard. Thank god his yard was almost 3 acres. They did however take out a cherry tree that the man had planted in memory of his son that got taken by cancer at the ripe old age of 17 years old.