A question?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by fupuk, Feb 7, 2012.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Is it wierd to walk around with a round or two in your pocket all the time? Im waiting for my CPL in the mail, but ive been walking around with a round that was dented and wouldnt fit in the cylinder of my gp100 for about a month now. And everytime i reach in my pocket for change or whatever people kinda give me a wierd look when i pull out an unfired .38?

2. kodiak

kodiak Member

.........Yes

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree........yes.

Though I do have an inert 45 ACP as a keychain given to me by Stalkingbear. But I kind of keep it out of sight for the most part.

4. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Yes again here. Why are you carrying it around?

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I wouldn't carry around a live round of any ammo. Is it for the shock value of pulling out a round of ammo from your pocket? Like I said, I have an inert .45 ACP as a keychain but I keep it in my pocket or purse mostly. I don't like to surprise or shock people. It's just that the keychain is from a dear friend.

6. cottontop

cottontop Guest

The NRA used to give out a fake cartridge that looked real to the average no shooting no gun knowledge general public when you got a new membership. Why did they do this? Am I to assume that it was to carry around in one's pocket?
    cottontop

7. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

It is your pocket carry what you want. I don't know why you post the contents of your pocket on the forum? But I don't see a problem with your having a round in your pocket.:)

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I just put it in my pocket one day after the range because it was dented and wouldnt fit in my cylinder. And when i get home from work i throw all the contents of my pockets in my hat, when i get ready for work i put everything back in my pocket. And its not for the WOW factor its just their.

9. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

And it would take to much time and effort to just pick the round out of the rest of your change? It takes alot more attention to detail than that to ccw. Ps hope that thing somehow doesnt go off in your pocket,,,,,you'll lose more than your permit!

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Well, your username sort of sums it up. :eek:

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I think it's ok, when I was in school I use to have 38 special's in my ears as gauges, primers out, and cleaned up empty brass. A few years back we were out shooting and I just put a bunch of empty brass in my pocket didn't think about it went to walk down the road to my friends house (about 2.5 miles) I got stopped by police saying someone matching my description had broken a car window (I didn't) he searched me pulled out a hand full of assorted brass and then he gave me a look and started asking 50,000 questions. I he let me go and they found the guy later... just be careful not to stand next to any camp fires lol

12. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

Well idk the other day I was going to the range and I was walking around with a pocket full of 30-06 rounds cuz I just got a new gun and the first time I took it out it wasn't shooting right and I wanted to make sure I got working right before I took it back to the store

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  13. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Also be mindful of where you go with said round. Couple of weekends ago my 10yo son and I went to a buddys to shooton his land. He used his camelpak to carry his gear in, also his preferred schoolbag, well after emptying bag (thoroughly I thought). Got a call about a" very dangerous and important matter" ,called the principal back but was in a meeting,,, at this point I'm very concerned left work and headed to the school. When I got there the principal was available and to my suprise she was very understanding of the boy missing a .22lr hp round in his bag, she hadn't even reported the incedent which in Va. Is automatic suspension / possible expolltion! After reassuring that it wouldn't happen again she handed me the cartridge to take home with me. he now has a completely diff. Gear bag to take shooting, and to my suprise there are a few school officials with common sense left in va.