A question for you Glock experts!!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Matt Williams, May 20, 2010.

1. Matt Williams

Matt Williams New Member

Has anyone heard how many rounds a Glock should be good for? I did not know if it was considered a gun that would last an average persons lifetime or if so many thousand rounds before gun gives out. I have not ever heard what the life expectancy of a Glock is.

2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

The life expectancy of a Glock depends on a lot of variables. Recoil spring assemblies are recommended to be changed about every 3000 rounds. The other springs vary. I do annual inspections on my officer's Glocks and have reference springs to compare to installed ones to. With proper maintenance, Glock says the weapons are "lifetime."

Last edited: May 27, 2010

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

As with everything else, proper maintenance is key. For some, 1000 rounds is all they will shoot in their lifetime, some others 100,000, and more for others.

4. Matt Williams

Matt Williams New Member

Has your Glock ever worn out?

Has anyone had their Glock wear out? I plan to keep my new Glock 19 clean and well lubed as I get more familiar with it so it will last a long time.

5. carloglock19

carloglock19 New Member

Hope one day to say I wore mine out not likely though with the exception of the already mentioned parts. I have OCD when it comes to cleaning and maitenance thanks to my dad an Army vet! Enjoy your 19!