A question for fellow activists??

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JimRau, Aug 3, 2013.

1. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I would ask you to go the 'Training & Safety' forum to the thread titled "Someone is getting beat----" and read post # 165.
    Would you please then answer the following questions:
    1. Do you see the point I am making here, and agree with it?
    2. If you do not agree with my point would you please tell me where I am wrong?
    3. As an individual member here, do you see this post as offensive?
    Thanks in advance.:)

PS: Do you have any other suggestions on how we can peaceably try to get our rights back???

2. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

1. You have made you point. Why is it important that everyone agrees with your views?
    2. Opinions are never right or wrong...that's why they are called opinions.
    3. Offensive....no. But somewhat overburdening, and that amounts to annoying real quick.
    Now does it really matter if I agree with you? Perhaps I do. But beating a dead horse doesn't change the results...it's still dead....not "more dead".

3. JimRau

Because 'we' have to get as many people on the same page and have an organized effort to try and make a difference by changing the narative. It is not about 'me', it is about 'us'!
    Thanks for your honest reply. ;)

4. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

Getting people on the same page is happening across the country, and it's as grass roots as it can get. But you won't see any major changes or trernds happen unless two things happen. 1. The current administration has to fail so badly that people can't ignore it any longer....and 2. The media has to grow the gonads to report the truth rather than fabricating "stories" which support their agenda.

5. JimRau

True, and the ONLY way we can get this to happen is to take control of the narrative EVERY CHANCE WE GET.
    No more 'gun control or gun safety' legislation, only 'anti-gun' legislation. No more 'assault weapons' ban, but an 'anti semi-automatic weapons' ban.
    No more 'make my day law', or 'stand your ground' laws, but 'self defense laws'.
    EVERY TIME we hear those terms we must correct those who use then, especially those who support our stand against the secular progressives.
    I am trying to do my 'small' part at getting people to 'stop and think' about what is happening and WHY!

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

In short I agree with Missouribound.

I think so, but it gets a little lost in the vitriol.

7. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

A copy and paste or a link to the post you referenced would have been helpful. I would normally be glad to help you with this, but your effort to secure my opinion is most underwhelming.

8. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I agree with what you said in #165. Its obvious cottontop doesn't and I personally think he is wrong. Liberals will be liberals. If I were you I would not worry so much about other people's opinion, especially a liberal.

9. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Why are you bringing me into it? I did not post on nor am I even mentioned in post #165 of that thread. That post is mostly about the Zimmerman case and some fictious group called SPE.
    BTW, I believe that Zimmerman was justified and he did the right thing. I believed this from the very beginning of the case. I believe that Martin was a thug. I know he was suspended from school. I can imagine why. I taught high school for 23 years and I know exactly what Martin was like. I ran into many "Martins" (both black and white) through the course of my tenure as a teacher. And why are you labeling me as a liberal? I am just a person who has lots of beliefs that do not always conform to the status quo. I consider myself to be more of a Herbert Walker Bush moderate.
    cottontop

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  10. JimRau

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

12. cottontop

cottontop Guest

13. JimRau

14. JimRau

15. cottontop

cottontop Guest

To JimRau:
    You keep saying that I am a self professed "secular progressive." (notice that the end punctuation always goes inside the quotation marks.) When did I ever say that? I believe that in a pm I said I was a progressive, meaning that I am for progress; not by your definition of progressive. If it wasn't for progress, we would still be in the horse and buggy days. I thought we could not discuss religion on the forum, but you have opened the doors by throwing around the term "secular." I was once a Baptist preacher, many years ago before I started teaching. I was associate pastor of the Gracemont Baptist Church in Marysville, Michigan, and later educational director and music director of the Pine Grove Baptist Church in Mulberry, Florida. I assume you are a religious man because of your constant use of the word "secular." I would like you to get your Bible and look up the following verses: John 8:7, and Romans 3:23. After reading them, decide if you have been participating in Christian behavior.
    ct

16. JimRau

Do you support the Obama Administration????(please answer this question with a yes or no, don't try to dodge it as many do):D
    The quotes you post at the bottom of your replies are from VERY progressive individuals who you must agree with, correct? Being a progressive, or of any other beleive, is not black and white but a matter of degree. You are saying you are not 'secular', so be it. But you can't deny you are a self proclaimed 'progressive' and can't deny you consider yourself as 'superior' to the rest of us, or do you?? The worst of the worst (progressives) are the SPE's who are currently in control of our Federal Government, but most if not all progressive are the opposite of (opposes) those of us who see what is being put into place by the SPE's current in control of our government and thus they are just as much a part of the problem as those 'actively' involved in this 'fundamental transformation'. :( Like I said YOUR side is winning and the rest of us have an uphill battle to stop you and YOUR friends!!!:(
    Simply put "If you are not for us you are against us"!

17. cottontop

cottontop Guest

JimRau,
    You really need to read those Bible verses and do some serious self-reflecting. I see some hostility in your post. Your blood pressure is probably sky high. I don't want anything to happen to you my friend as this has been the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on in years. And what about that punctuation problem? You are not learning. We need to bring that grade up. BTW, that Jimmy Carter quote is really getting to you isn't it?:D
    ct

18. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Don't know where you got the idea that religion couldn't be discussed on the forums after all we have a section called Politics, Religion and Controversy.

19. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I thought it was limited to that section only.
    ct

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

If you could focus on your original post rather than continuing your pissing match with Cottontop then perhaps we might get somewhere. Which one would you prefer to do? Pick a lane.

Your use of SPE is disingenuous. You are labeling a small percentage of the anti-gunners as our adversaries and that is foolish IMO. Anti-gunners are from all over the spectrum. There are religious conservatives who are anti-gunners. You are a damned fool to discount even one of them in fighting our battle. Also, these SPE's actually rejoice in receiving your attacks. It actually strengthens their resolve.